Should I upgrade my forks travel ?

SteveT999

Mar 24, 2019
Kent
Hi Everyone.
I have recently taken delivery of a new 2019 Powerfly FS 7 Plus. The suspension is Rockshox Revelation debonair with 130mm. I have been told to consider upgrading the travel to 140mm at a relatively low cost of around, £50 what is your opinion and will it effect the geometry very much ? I mainly ride trails and bike parks.

Reactions: MsO

Avyoung

Nov 28, 2018
Canada
10mm is minor! It’s a no brainer if you think you will benefit from more travel.

20mm gets more significant. You can always lower your handlebar to bring more weight forward to compensate.

Hooston76

Oct 4, 2019
Cape Town
Hi Everyone.
I have recently taken delivery of a new 2019 Powerfly FS 7 Plus. The suspension is Rockshox Revelation debonair with 130mm. I have been told to consider upgrading the travel to 140mm at a relatively low cost of around, £50 what is your opinion and will it effect the geometry very much ? I mainly ride trails and bike parks.
I just got the Powerfly FS5 and I upgraded the front fork to 150mm travel, it is amazing and handles so well. Best decision I made

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Just fitted a 170mm airshaft to my 160mm Yari (old and new are Debonair) along with a lower fork service, made a nice difference, kept the air pressure the same, giving me more sag and compliance initially while keeping the ride height the same, much plusher! Some of that will be due to the service but luvin' it!
160mm airshaft for sale btw, fits Lyric and Yari, £25 posted.......

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The frame of the short travel Powerfly is the same as the long travel, the different travel is down to different shocks and forks.
The rear shock is a 205*50 on the ST compared to 205*57.5 on the LT so it's a pretty simple shock swap to get 150mm on the rear and an air-shaft swap on the front to get 150 or 160.

I'm currently running my LT with 160 front and 150 rear but I'm toying with trying a coil which would increase rear travel to 157.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Sadly not. In the process of test fitting a Marzocchi Bomber CR the suspension tech noticed two hairline cracks in the lower shock mounting boss. Trek warrantied the frame and I ended up with a Rail instead.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Apologies for the hijack, thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.
I'm currently running Yari RC Debonair 150mm forks, my mate said I can upgrade to 160mm by replacing the spring.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what part do I need to do that?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles