Shockwiz help

Matt b

Sep 28, 2018
Swansea
I've run a shockwiz for 2 90min trail sessions on what I thought was varied terrain. I cannot get confidence over 49%.Anyone running one of these who can help. Cheers

OlaGB

Subscriber
Mar 19, 2019
Norway
Time has little to do with it, it asks for what you need to do next,and it needs to recognize several different situations. Jumps, rough terrain at high speed, heavy pedaling etc..

Down a rough 5min trail with some jumps, and pedaling back up in 15min, normally gives me 80-100% confidence.

But if youre ratio or base pressure calibration is wrong, it might never get to 80-100%.
Important to check that 30% sag shown in shockwiz app, also is approx 30% measured on the shock.

I`ve been struggling some with calibrating my fox float x2. When i let air out, the bike sits all the way down, fully compressing the shock. This gives me a hard time to extend it while calibrating, and i get different ratios..
If i let the air out while bike hangs in the air by the frame, the shock goes only half way down, and i get repeated ratios when calibrating.

Matt b

Sep 28, 2018
Swansea
Thanks olagb, l've rented the unit and am trying to workout if it's faulty. Confidence doesn't go over 49%, there's no shock tuning score, what to ride next keeps saying pedal uphill/downhill.The statistics register except for dynamic sag.

Phill_B_34

Feb 11, 2019
Brisbane, AUS
Hi all,

Here's 4 screen grabs from an outing with my SW attached to my fork (Fox 36), a couple of things to note:
- It was an 11km ride, about 40 mins worth of data. It was over everything from smooth access trails to a rock garden.
- This ride didn't involve any jumps so the last page shows a lot of "not enough data" which is correct.
- My sag value of 21% matches my measured value perfectly, (140mm travel and sag measures 30mm).
- First time out I checked it a couple of times and it changed "What to ride next". Now at 99% it sits on PEDALING.

Hope some of this info helps.

SW-01.jpg

SW-02.jpg

SW-03.jpg

SW-04.jpg

Matt b

Sep 28, 2018
Swansea
Ok, I've sorted it. When It asked to pedal uphill I had to put it in eco and get out of the saddle. Confidence then went up to 98%.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles