• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

chubbsR1

Jun 12, 2019
Brisbane
Hey Vladd,

I just downloaded the link and when i open the app on the laptop it shows this before opening and isn't connecting through the SM-PCE02?

any ideas?

1561354310135.png

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire
Hey Vladd,

I just downloaded the link and when i open the app on the laptop it shows this before opening and isn't connecting through the SM-PCE02?

any ideas?

View attachment 15274
If using a Shimano SM-PCE1 for the first time you need to load the free E-TUBE PROJECT.Don not try and connect to bike as you need the driver which will automatically load once installed.Nextconnect up to the bike on spare port and fire up SHIMANO UNLOCKER

chubbsR1

Jun 12, 2019
Brisbane
Ah, so I plugged in the PCE-02 and downloaded the e-tune project, seems I didn’t leave it unplugged and it must have updated? Even though it did ask me to do an update which I didn’t...??

How do I get back to getting this to work?

Seems the access violation comes up as soon as I open the unlocker app on the laptop...

nickw1965

Patreon
Sep 26, 2018
Aldershot,Hampshire
Worth back tracking.Delete etune / tuning app and delete drivers if possible.Reload E tune first then drivers.Then download app again and try connecting ,keep an eye on port used and make sure correct.

paoloc971

May 2, 2019
torino
hi Vadl, as with your app you are able to read the battery status, do you think you could do something to make it possible to read this percentage on the bike display instead of the five bars shown actually? I think that it wuold be really appreciated!
It requires to make a custom firmware for a SC unit. So, I think, it worthless
Vadl if Garmin is able to read the % of battery on their devices, why couldn't it be done with a simple app that shows % of the battery along the ride?

Bikal

Jul 9, 2019
Suisse
Hi All
just installed the Android App and then wanted to go to stepsunlocker.com

But my Bitdefender shows following critical Notification. Does anybody have experience with this, is there a simple answer to that, or is this page really critical?

stepsunlocker.jpg

Bikal

Jul 9, 2019
Suisse
Today I decided to by the license, 30 Min. later my bike had pretty small wheels and accelerated to more than 30 Kmh. That's absolutely fantastic and a good deal.
I prefer to change only circumference of my wheels, so there will never be a hidden speed recording above 25 Kmh under assistance. I think this is the best way not to jeopardise warranty. I do not care about speed indication, for this I have GPS. With the app I can change back to original settings within a minute, before driving on public roads.

Thanks very much to the authors.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Yea! success, had to use my wife's android, but was able to downgrade the firmware to 4.6. I am in the US and received an eu new motor on warranty. Shimano was not able to switch it to the US speed remotely. I was using a Peartune dongle and the new firmware was not letting it work. Now with the previous firmware. I'm good to go. Thank you.

m0v1em4n

Jul 30, 2019
Derby UK
Hi Vadll and guys,
I have now down grade my firmware to 4.6.1 on my E8000 motor if I get a licence will that allow me to change region and wheel circumference
Thanks

m0v1em4n

Jul 30, 2019
Derby UK
Ok guys,
I have connected the app to my bike and sent a request for a license in the side menu but how can you tell if the request was successful ? Didn’t seem to do much

Last edited:

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Ok guys,
I have connected the app to my bike and sent a request for a license in the side menu but how can you tell if the request was successful ? Didn’t seem to do much

He will email you the key, when you open it then it will automatically open the app and load the license key.

That's how it did it for me on my iPhone, simple and took only a few seconds.
Ensure you say open in app when the email link asks you on your phone.

m0v1em4n

Jul 30, 2019
Derby UK
He will email you the key, when you open it then it will automatically open the app and load the license key.

That's how it did it for me on my iPhone, simple and took only a few seconds.
Ensure you say open in app when the email link asks you on your phone.
Thanks, just haven’t received anything yet no email no payment instruction nothing

m0v1em4n

Jul 30, 2019
Derby UK
Hi Vadll still looking to get the full licence, but you don’t seem to reply to messages , email’s or the request in the app for a full licence

Garrit Verway

Sep 18, 2018
Bright 3741 Australia
Hi VadII
Like to thank u for your ongoing product development , and I am loving the presets, especially the anti theft , even if they do manage the visible lock, they only end up stealing a 2 wheeled anchor
Once again, many thanks keep up the good work.

m0v1em4n

Jul 30, 2019
Derby UK
Yes, it's available right now
Thanks apple a bit bit slow in showing it has a update, had to go to the app in the AppStore which asked me to update , great work
Hi VadII
Like to thank u for your ongoing product development , and I am loving the presets, especially the anti theft , even if they do manage the visible lock, they only end up stealing a 2 wheeled anchor
Once again, many thanks keep up the good work.
Is the anti theft available on all e8000 or is it bike maker specific, I have read about it but can’t seem to find it

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles