Shimano to Bosch conversion - or Shimano Battery uprgade BT-E8036

Hi, I have a Focus 9.8 nine with a Shimano E7000 but mileage is limited as I only have the internal 378wh battery

Does anyone know if its possible to either swop for the new larger internal Shimano BT-E8036 battery or swop the motor and battery for the new Bosch?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No is the simple answer, they share a name but are completely different bikes, and the inbuilt battery on your model is proprietary to the bike and you won't be able to use a shimano battery. I presume you are aware you can get the TEC pack range extender for your bike?

Rafael

Jan 4, 2021
Spain
No is the simple answer, they share a name but are completely different bikes, and the inbuilt battery on your model is proprietary to the bike and you won't be able to use a shimano battery. I presume you are aware you can get the TEC pack range extender for your bike?
I have the TEC module on my bike. The new shimano batteries are compatible with the motor that the bike carries but the connectors used by Focus are different.
In the last outing with my bike I did 84 km and 1700 m. In the end I ran out of battery. With the 625W internal battery and 378W from the external battery would be enough. Focus does not provide information on new batteries for its bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles