Shimano E8000 ST Unlocker..now bike doesn't work

Batwing

Oct 14, 2019
Brisbane Australia
Can you help me figure out how to downgrade the firmware version? I got the zip files from Vadl at ST Unlocker but I can’t seem to get it to work from my pc via iPhone. I’m not super savvy on a computer to begin with so I’m pretty sure I’m not understanding how to use the ifunbox like in the directions. Any help or input would really be appreciated. I lived using the ST Unlocker to adjust my trail and eco settings but since I upgraded the firmware with the E-TUBE app I can’t do anything. The E-TUBE app doesn’t even let me change anything like advertised. It tells me to check and make sure a wire wasn’t disconnected. What a headache!

View attachment 43781
Sorry mate I am far from tech savvy myself. I had one of my sons friends help me with it.

Derek

Jun 11, 2019
Aust
A mate had the same issue with the latest firmware on the E8000. Bricked the bike and had to buy the SM-BCR2 cable to connect to PC and force latest firmware back onto bike. It seems the latest E8000 firmware is clever and won’t let you downgrade without bricking your bike.
Might have to wait until someone figures out how to manipulate the latest firmware...
Eplus software allows full configuration for all settings in all modes for the e8000 and for all firmware versions. But you can't do it yourself and does cost more. Fully supported product and allows phone app connectivity to change settings yourself.

glovemtb77

Aug 2, 2020
Eplus software allows full configuration for all settings in all modes for the e8000 and for all firmware versions. But you can't do it yourself and does cost more. Fully supported product and allows phone app connectivity to change settings yourself.
Eplus doesn't by any chance allow you to customize your assist levels on Bosch Gen 3 motors ? I am fine with my StUlocker on my E8000 but the eco and tour modes are usually too easy on my ActiveLinePlus Bosch motor. Thanks in advance.

glovemtb77

Aug 2, 2020
Yes I think the Bosch pro chip after its fitted allows you to adjust via the phone app.
Hi Derek,
Thanks for your reply. I heard from Ivan at Eplus and it is as I was afraid of from reading how the info was presented on their website. No Bosch assist level tuning beyond setting a max speed for each mode but not being able to change the default torque value.
So, I checked about the other brands on their website and none of them have the system yet to configure your own assist level settings in the different modes; (with the exception of Shimano E7000/E8000 which is fully released.) But he was encouraging that they were working on the others but I don't know why they put it on their website for all those brands advertising like it is already done.
I have installed Volspeed hardware in my Bosch motor and it has worked great. But again, still outta luck on assist level tweaking. At least Stunlocker has been great on my Steps E8000 motor on my other ebike. Also, since I only have a 50nm motor on my Bosch I get some really great training in at the lowest assist level (and boosting up to tour and sport (level 2&3) I can still hang on our fast training rides). I don't like to think if I had a stronger Bosch engine with them dictating what my they thing my assist level should be. Btw, I tune my assist % level for each mode all the time on my Shim E8, even on the rides sometimes depending on how my legs are going.
Regards,
g

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles