Shimano E8000 speed vs Garmin?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Today I connected my laptop up to my Focus Jam2 via the SM-PCE1. I used the Etube software as the interface to access the bike details etc. As I thought the settings you can change are the same as via the phone app. You can however get more details from the bike as seen in Shauns post earlier.

The circumference on my bike is factory set and is 2300mm.

I then connected via Freemax software and lowered the assistance level on ECO to 40% from 60%, set trail to 50% and boost to 100%. I have left all the torque levels at factory defaults.

If you wanted to change the wheel circumference you would have to pay for the minimax software, This is per bike and over £100. You can also raise the speed limit to the USA level via a toggle if you wanted. I'm only interested in having the motor cut out at the correct speed but this is too much for me to pay for such a minor niggle. I do believe that Shimano should allow us some adjustment for different tyre sizes, I'd imagine a 100mm would suffice.

I'm not sure if the dealers have access to different software.

Hmm, doesn't really make sense on my bike then, I have 29 inch wheels with 2325mm circumference so my speed should be quite accurate... :unsure:

speedplus

Mar 26, 2019
Geldrop
If you want to have the same speed Garmin vs E8000 /E6002 motor, then you can do a setup with the SM-PCE1/2, and the software to resize your wheel diameter .
you can find it on speed plus.nl , it will take 3 min. to download the software.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
If you want to have the same speed Garmin vs E8000 /E6002 motor, then you can do a setup with the SM-PCE1/2, and the software to resize your wheel diameter .
you can find it on speed plus.nl , it will take 3 min. to download the software.
How much is the software? there's no mention on the site.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Someone has asked this topic question on EMBN on their latest 'Ask EMBN' video on you tube and it was suggested that moving your wheel magnet up the spoke would rectify the matter.

:confused:?????? Late April fool I guess.

speedplus

Mar 26, 2019
Geldrop
How much is the software? there's no mention on the site.
We now added the English version with prices.

As you can see the most price affordible is to change your wheel size. 99 euro / 119 euro (depending of the age of the E6000 motor : if it's a older one you have more work)
For the E8000 and E6002 motors the next step will be only the speed with in the display the
original speed, from 35 km/h or even 50 km/h the cost are 139 euro.
Only for E8000 motor you can take the full package software & app this allows you to do custum
riding : high speed bike? or bigger chain wheel in the front, or the opposit to change the ECO mode /trail mode and boost mode to save energy and ride longer distance !! this cost 175 euro
www.speedplus.nl or www.speedplus.eu

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
I had the same issue and the guy in the Shimano service center changed the wheel circumference and now the readings are almost identical between the E8000 and my Garmin.
LBS with PCE1/2 cannot do it because it requires admin access to the firmware and only Shimano has that.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I am interested to see the results on this, because it could mean a lot of bikes are cutting out below the limit
Yes, mine is out by 6.7%. Like most motorcycles, all our bikes seem to be reading faster and further than what we're actually riding. I've adjusted the display by minus 5% (via e tube app), which is the maximum I can go. I don't know if this also effects the odometer reading and trip distance too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles