Shimano E8000 Screen Protector options

Bri-72

Nov 19, 2018
Inverness
Hi anyone found anywhere that does a screen protector or a rubber protective ‘bumper’ for the E8000 display (or di2 display which I think is the same thing).

Worried that having bike upside down to fix puncture, or even just an ‘off’ could damage it. So far a cut phone protector and some duck taped is my ugly but effective bodge.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's nowhere near the ground when the bike is fliped and rested on the grips/saddle

Bri-72

Nov 19, 2018
Inverness
Thinking of uneven or rocky ground and screen could come into contact with something. Does seem quite fragile and exposed to scratching or damage.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
if your worried about it just keep the protective piece of film that comes on it when delivered - i didn't even notice mine had it on for a couple of hundred miles

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Over-Thinking

;)

The E8000 display was designed to be tucked away in possibly the best protected place on your bars. Thikn about it. How many times have you damaged the side of your stem or the rear/underside of your bars next to the bar clamp?

My bike has been crashed, cartwheeled, hit trees, slid across rocks, gostied and put straight through bushes many times and placed upside down any time I've had to remove its wheels. No damage has occurred to the display duing any of these unplanned adventures or maintenance procedures.

by all means put a phone protector over the screen if it makes you feel better but it really shouldn't need any sort of bumper. If you disagree try Sugru. google it if you don't know what it is. It's often used for exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Injidup

Oct 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I’ve managed to put some light scratches on mine, and it hasn’t even been upside down or crashed. Probably just careless handling.
I’ll put some cut down camera screen protector on it. I used it on my Garmin Edge and it works well. I bought a pack of camera screen protectors a few years ago and still have some left. Self-adhesive so doesn’t need any extra taping.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles