Shimano E7000 motor noise

MrVert

Jun 26, 2020
Pads2017BIKE
Hi, just had delivery of a Cannondale Neo S 2 eMTB last week, it’s now developed loud continuous graunching/ grinding noises from somewhere within the drive unit. Also no power boost.

I can turn the crank with the rear wheel off the ground and there’s no noise, as soon as I apply any pressure to the rear wheel though the noise starts again. Sounds like a bag of old spanner...

No error messages on the control panel.

I’ve sent a message to Evans Cycles, can’t call them as their call centre phones are off...great..

Not expecting a speedy reply, I’ve not had a reply to a mail I sent them three weeks ago just after ordering the bike.

I assume this is pretty bad so won’t be riding the bike, anyone had anything similar and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance of any replies...

MrVert

Jun 26, 2020
Pads2017BIKE
Yep...that's the sound! I'm sure I have a 30 day return policy so unless they'll give me the E8000 motor, I'll get the money back and look at another bike.

Is the Bosch motor the most reliable? If so which motor is the choice one to have?

Thanks.

MrVert

Jun 26, 2020
Pads2017BIKE
Evans cycles were great, i dropped the bike back, they said Shimano would take 6-8 weeks to repair, I said I wasn’t prepared to wait that long. They didn’t have a direct replacement bike available, so offered me an upgraded bike (£650 more) for the same price!

Excellent result, ended up getting a Cannondale Synapse Gravel Bike with the 2020 Bosch upgraded motor.

For my rides, it’s way better than the mountain bike, mostly road use. The motor is excellent so overall very happy.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Great that you got it sorted, how's the new (well not so new now) Cannondale going?

Dan Astro

Jul 4, 2021
PacificNorthwest
Hi, just had delivery of a Cannondale Neo S 2 eMTB last week, it’s now developed loud continuous graunching/ grinding noises from somewhere within the drive unit. Also no power boost.

I can turn the crank with the rear wheel off the ground and there’s no noise, as soon as I apply any pressure to the rear wheel though the noise starts again. Sounds like a bag of old spanner...

No error messages on the control panel.

I’ve sent a message to Evans Cycles, can’t call them as their call centre phones are off...great..

Not expecting a speedy reply, I’ve not had a reply to a mail I sent them three weeks ago just after ordering the bike.

I assume this is pretty bad so won’t be riding the bike, anyone had anything similar and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance of any replies...
My e-7000 just went out at 600 mi. Same symptoms but it doesn't sound like a bearing just a loud wurring noise...... Hope I get an E-8000 !!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles