Shimano ctf 12 speed cassette worn out in 4 month’s

Sep 27, 2019
UK
Thanks for the reply’s.I have done 520 miles. Most of it in the dry then about 3 rides of wet surrey hills sand finished it off. It’s just my last sram cassette in similar conditions lasted about a year

Sep 27, 2019
UK
No I don’t and the Sram set up on my other bike which lasted year is with a chipped motor so had a much tougher time.
Probably bad luck recon I will go slx as at least it’s cheaper

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Not much, do you usually ride with turbo? Asking this, because I have ridden my mtb over 1500 km and it's still fine.
I'm up to 2,200 kms; same chain. I've been using wax though, which has made a profound difference as far as chain stretch goes. I don't think wax is any good when it's wet. I've ridden it all winter with light mud and some water on track. I mostly use eco too - lots of climbing and descending - not much flat stuff, but I'm not a hard rider.

pez_cemetery

Mar 18, 2020
Bristol
Cassette is mostly irrelevant, it’s the chain that wears and then ruins the cassette.

What chain are you using? It has probably stretched. XTR is the most durable chain.

Only difference with SLX and deore cassettes is the bigger sprockets which I doubt are the problem here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles