Shimano battery bars do not appear in display

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
Hi All,

My Shimano E8000 set up has just developed a bug whereby the number of bars that the battery has do not appear in the display. Drive and power delivery is unchanged. The "no bars" battery display happens for a little while, maybe up to 5 minutes then they seems to appear. Has anyone else had this and resolved it? I have taken wires out of display unit, blown on them and re-inserted, you know like a pro, but it still occurs. Any pointers of where i need to look next please?

Thanks.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Update the ETUBE app on your phone. Connect to the bike and the updates will be downloaded automatically to your bike. This may fix your problem. It sure won't do the bike any harm at all.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have taken wires out of display unit, blown on them and re-inserted, you know like a pro, but it still occurs.

Also check the other end, so remove the plastic cover on the left side of the motor (three philips screws from what I remember). You'll see a couple of similar cables, so you can check these. and a larger one which goes to the battery. Take the battery out first (so it's not live) then you can check that cable too. If you can't take the battery out because it's inbuilt, then you can still take the cable off, but when you blow on it, don't stick your tongue on it.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Mine does it from time to time. I just switch it off and back on and it's golden. I've also had it switch on automatically when lubing the chain. I'll be back pedalling the chain and boom on she comes, nfi why. Also when I get super low on battery eg. Red bar the whole bar including the rectangle the bars are in have disappeared then reappeared 5 Mins later and so on and so forth. Odd behaviour but doesn't seem to affect the bike so don't really care.

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
update needed ;)

Annotation 2019-09-06 085256.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles