Sheffield Newbie

mike425

Jan 9, 2020
Sheffield
That would be great thanks. From what I gather leisure lakes have a demo bike available, but I would rather buy from a local dealer so that if I have any issues I can drop it straight away. I am not too worried about it being in its first year, Whyte seem like one of the better companies for sorting issues.....

nickd164

Jan 7, 2020
sheffield
Mike, Yes you can hire a bike from them and I was told they had a Levo for hire. It’s in the drop down menu under services from £40. I love Whyte too and the reviews seem very good. I just fancied a bit of carbon and thought this model seems well liked. my bike is great and only ridden it around the street and so but it feels really great.

nickd164

Jan 7, 2020
sheffield
Also it’s huge. I have a VW Sharan and I struggled to get it in the back of it....... but I did have the front wheel on. I guess My roof rack and Thule thing is useless.

mike425

Jan 9, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for checking that for me I will have a look on their website, I had not realised you could book online!

The newer bikes are generally really long yes. My current no e-bike only just fits on my roof bars as it is, tbh I probably wouldnt put an ebike on the roof anyway!

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
hi guys
i had 2 ebikes on rack had to take batteries out
to reduce weight and covered contacts with
plastic bag to stop the drivibg rain, worked fine,
traveled well on many runs to cornwall
then went on to thule euroride 741towbar rack.
this is brill, easy on easy off i got mine off ebay
only one problem had to get some longer straps with
my bike having 2.8 s but otherwise brilliant and very
little wind risistance and better fuel economy.
wouldn`t be without it.

nickd164

Jan 7, 2020
sheffield
Hey Paul,

I have my bike now. I'm with my kids this weekend and up in Whitby next but could arrange something after that.

Cheers

Nick

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
ok mate
bike all good? lucky bugger with a new toy. you`ll be able to get up the 200 steps now ha ha
yes brilliant you have my number see if we can arrange
something

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles