security

Brainless

Sep 14, 2018
Bradford
Any of ye guys use/tried the Sherlock gps tracker ?, a chap I bumped into today said hes using it and its pretty decent , he also said one of his friends uses a jet ski tracking devise tucked down into fork stem ?.
never even crossed my mind about trackers, but end of day any decent mtb is a thief magnet.

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Same here never gave this a thought, probably as I don't have to chain it up, as I ride with a mate or in a group. Garaged at night too. Might be useful in mentioning to the insurance company??

Brainless

Sep 14, 2018
Bradford
Same here never gave this a thought, probably as I don't have to chain it up, as I ride with a mate or in a group. Garaged at night too. Might be useful in mentioning to the insurance company??
something im going to look into, im a lone ranger and sometimes that need to go happens, and pride and joy is out of sight.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
something im going to look into, im a lone ranger and sometimes that need to go happens, and pride and joy is out of sight.

Did your research surface anything of use? My bike was pretty expensive to start with but now I've started modding it, it would be harder (and expensive) to replace with an off the shelf insurance claim and therefore I'm more interested in getting it back if it goes missing...

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
My brother in laws fitted a tracker in his frame on his moustache about 6 months ago and he says it works excellent.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Sounds promising - can you get details please?
Hey up matey yeah he got it off eBay China by all accounts
He removed his battery and fitted it inside the frame at the top off the down tube . Most bikes with integrated batteries have a void that will take a gps tracker.
I also saw an advert on Instagram just today promoting them too for about £40.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Hey up matey yeah he got it off eBay China by all accounts
He removed his battery and fitted it inside the frame at the top off the down tube . Most bikes with integrated batteries have a void that will take a gps tracker.
I also saw an advert on Instagram just today promoting them too for about £40.

Thank you. I'll take a look but if he could share a link that would be great

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles