second proper clean, paintwork is awful!

Chieftain

Jun 23, 2019
plymouth
So I'm a couple of weeks into E-sommet VR ownership, and I'm enjoying how the bike rides.

I was pretty shocked to see how bad the paintwork is on the frame though - especially the crossbar.

I'm not aggressive when it comes to cleaning. I use muc-off & a soft brush on the heavily soiled bits. But the frame paint doesn't appear to have any sort of lacquer layer, and after a second wash it looks like it's aged several years. It's crazed, hazy, and looks like someone has attacked it with sandpaper.

Is this a common thing? I'm going to speak to CRC about it.

View attachment 15113

View attachment 15114

View attachment 15115
Hello it seems that you have very soft paint and like some other members have pointed out it’s looks like how you have washed the bike that has caused the damage. There called love marks in the car trade they will polish out and then you just need to protect the paint with a sealer/ wax. When you wash it get the bike wet and let it soak and rinse as much of the dirt off as poss before you do any cleaning.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The paint isn't particularly soft. Here's mine after 900 miles of Scottish all weather riding.
DSC_1828.JPG

Regularly washed with hot soapy (a splash of washing up liquid in a bucket. ) water and a brush. Rinsed with warm hose water and dried with an old t shirt.

Ignore the white spots. They are simply a combination of reflected light, an old Android phone and a shit photographer. ;)

Here's an indoor pic
DSC_1829.JPG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles