Second day with new bike and bad luck

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Second day out with my bike and I got a branch in the rear wheel, the derailleur is now completely out of place... Do you think it's easily fixable?
IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
It's a cube 140 TM 750, it's have a UDH derailleur hanger. I hesitate to check furtur alone i don't have torque system.
Does one of you have a similar issue on the past? did i have to changer the hanger? I will go to a pro but maybe i can i fix this myself?

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Nothing broken! The UDH hanger havedo his job and have moved to prevent damage... So it's was easy to repair! But now i have to buy a torque system...
All good i'm happy

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
You can straighten the derailleur hanger using a special tool like this one :

Or get a shop to do it for you, but if the hanger is too badly bent you risk breaking it while trying to straighten it, so not a bad idea to get a couple so you have a spare on hand...good thing you have the UDH , they're easy to get hold of...the Park Tool tool is a bit expensive but very handy to have around, I've used mine on several occasions so I figure it's paid for itself

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Thank you for your tips! Yes tomorow i go to a pro so i have the correct strength.
But yes i will buy a torque system after that and yes maybe a park tool
But for now in my test the derailleur seem not have loose hise accuracy

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Glad you got it fixed. I came of my first bike at speed within the first couple of weeks and spent an age waiting for a new hanger. Now always keep a spare in stock and have a knockoff realignment tool.

Unfortunately the derailleur is easy to knock on things at the side of the trail, so easily bent out of shape.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles