Levo Gen 2 Seat stay a little bent on outside surface, is this a problem?

gmurad

Jan 26, 2020
Toronto, ON
Hey,

I had a very slow crash, not sure how but the seat stay got damaged, On the right side, the outwards surface is bent inwards, the other side of the same tube is not deformed so overall shape didn't change. Very sad to have this happen to such an expensive bike.

Should I worry about this in terms of structural integrity? I do everything with this bike including downhill bike parks and I weight 220lbs. Wonder if this could snap. Thanks!

20200830_105344.jpg

20200830_105357.jpg

Last edited:

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I bent the same one on a fairly spectacular crash. Got a replacement - same part as on a Stumpjumper. I was worried about it being weakened and also binding the bearings.
The replacement is black, doesn't match my bike - and i don't care

gmurad

Jan 26, 2020
Toronto, ON
I bent the same one on a fairly spectacular crash. Got a replacement - same part as on a Stumpjumper. I was worried about it being weakened and also binding the bearings.
The replacement is black, doesn't match my bike - and i don't care
Knowing that it's the same part as the Stumpjumper brings relief. btw, this is a 2020 Levo, not sure what year yours is. The top part (both sides) for the rear triangle is separate from the bottom.

In your case was the seat stay tube actually bent? The overall shape of mine is still the same, it's just the outer surface that is bent inwards, so I don't think I would have problems with binding anything.

@lumpy How much did the replacement part cost you? Thanks!

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
I'd have thought that if the axle still goes in smoothly you could be OK.
Might be worth taking the shock out and seeing if it binds anywhere on it's travel.

I wonder how a carbon rear would have held up! :eek:

Rockstar

Jan 31, 2021
San Diego
Hey,

I had a very slow crash, not sure how but the seat stay got damaged, On the right side, the outwards surface is bent inwards, the other side of the same tube is not deformed so overall shape didn't change. Very sad to have this happen to such an expensive bike.

Should I worry about this in terms of structural integrity? I do everything with this bike including downhill bike parks and I weight 220lbs. Wonder if this could snap. Thanks!

View attachment 39617
View attachment 39618

were you able to get a replacement? How much was it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles