Seat Preference??

SinCityJets

Jun 9, 2019
Redding, Ca
I know everyone is anatomically different, and we all like our eggs made differently, but what are some popular seat choices/brands for the Levo? I'm a "comfort over saving 2mg" kinda guy.

Thanks!

Chad

juuungle

Apr 18, 2019
New Zealand
I'm a big fan of Specialized saddles. I have had a Phenom Comp for the last 3 years and it has great shape and comfort in a reasonably slim profile, and is great for pedalling. If you're after a bit more padding, then you can't go past their Henge saddle which was super comfy when I tested it.

Make sure you get measured up for your sit bone width at your local dealer first, and that will ensure you get the right saddle width. Also play around with the angle when fitting it - I preferred my Phenom dead level or even slightly nose down due to its shape.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
You just have to try them - many shops have a try before you buy with a range of saddles. For me it's been Charge Spoons for years - awesome saddles.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
spesh henge, its the only saddle I can spend all day on. shame they are not built a bit better

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
I'm rather disappointed by the factory Levo 2018 saddle - i feel pressure building up on the inner parts of my hips on the longer rides due to wider "wings" - swapped it to Selle SMP Drakon but still feel i could use more cushion, gonna try Selle Italia Diva Gelflow - it worked pretty well on my fatbike (don't get fooled by the "lady design" thing, it fits male butt just as well)

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
I have the same question, interesting replies.
As a newbie though , I’m intrigued / concerned at how a dealer actually “measures my sit bone”.
What does that process look like ?

juuungle

Apr 18, 2019
New Zealand
I have the same question, interesting replies.
As a newbie though , I’m intrigued / concerned at how a dealer actually “measures my sit bone”.
What does that process look like ?
Well, they bend you over and they get this big probe out and... Haha nah it’s not a big deal really. You sit on a gel pad which makes an indentation of where your sit bones are. Then they measure the distance between the indentations. Don’t worry, it’s fairly non-invasive ?

Last edited:

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
I’m glad I read the weekly email for a change :). I’m looking for a new saddle for my Fantic. As I only do a 25-30 mile ride once every 2-3 weeks I don’t ever get used to the agony a seat causes .
It came with a Fizik Taiga (132mm), which was too narrow & bloody hard.
Tried a selle royal gel l’espiro ( good ventilation) I had lying about, but this one’s too wide (168mm) and gives me pins & needles in my feet. As you may have guessed, I knew nothing about sizing, until last week in fact :ROFLMAO:.

To measure my sit bones, I got a piece of corrugated cardboard, doubled up, put it on the coffee table. Sat on the cardboard and put my feet on a shoebox for 30 seconds. Don’t do it naked, or you’ll get shit on the ruler :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Measure the dent centres and that’ll give you an idea of saddle size range. Loads of online sit bone to saddle size suggestions.

It turns out I need a 143mm wide saddle (110mm sitbones), so I’ll try one of the above suggestions.
Thanks guys (y)

Last edited:

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Do Levo’s require a special seat compared to other eBikes? ?

For me there’s no question, it’s the SDG Bel-Air RL Cr-Mo Saddle, it wipes the floor compared to saddles 3x the price.

I actually thought the OEM saddle on my bike was really good so kept it on for a little while, swapped it for the SDG on my trail bike last week to see if there was much difference and was blown away!

I sit down much more on my eBike and this saddle makes all the difference. It almost feels like I could smash black runs all day with bum in the saddle ?

Last edited:

Muddyfox

Jun 16, 2019
UK & Spain
I'm rather disappointed by the factory Levo 2018 saddle - i feel pressure building up on the inner parts of my hips on the longer rides due to wider "wings" - swapped it to Selle SMP Drakon but still feel i could use more cushion, gonna try Selle Italia Diva Gelflow - it worked pretty well on my fatbike (don't get fooled by the "lady design" thing, it fits male butt just as well)
I use a Selle Italia Diva Gelflow too and find it really comfortable so can highly recommend it for the lady riders out there who maybe looking for a new seat - good to know it's also comfy for you guys too ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I use the Ergon SFC3 and am incredibly happy with it. I bought the Ergon E-MTB saddel, but found it less comfortable than the SFC3, and I could not notice any advantage to the lip at the back of the saddel. As it also cost double what my other saddel cost, I took it back.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Sit bones measured at 118, so my cardboard lied :rolleyes:. Still 143 wide though, so I bought the henge. Didn’t really want to spend a hundred quid, but didn’t want to spend 40 quid several times til I found one that worked for me either.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles