Sduro with Yamaha PW, broken drive gear, warranty refusal

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
Hi all,

I noticed the lock nut on my drive side was loose and realised it has snapped the main drive gear thread off. I've see a similar case on YouTube.

Contacted my dealer - bike was an ex demo with 90km on, bought 10 months ago, still within 2 year warranty from haibike.

Apparently warranty on this was initially refused without explanation. I am now escalating to Raleigh UK who seem responsible for Yamaha ebike warranty.

I will keep the thread updated but I'm not satisfied with having to replace a defective motor after 10 months.

Thanks for reading. Any advice is welcome

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
My Haibike did the same thing, but i spotted it before it caused any damage. Anyway, in the end just tightened it up as much as i could and no probs since. That was about 12 months ago.

Stuckmojo

May 21, 2018
Newcastle, UK
My Haibike did the same thing, but i spotted it before it caused any damage. Anyway, in the end just tightened it up as much as i could and no probs since. That was about 12 months ago.

Thanks. The outer casing with thread is very flimsy and can see why it would snap. Very annoyed with retailer and Raleigh UK at the moment. I'd be happy with just the part.

Or I'll put a big bearing between crank set and chain ring and make do. Waiting for a response now.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Talk to either Trading Standards, or Citizen's Advice. Or check your insurances (house in particular) to see if it gives you legal cover and talk to a solicitor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles