screaming Sentier rear brake!

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
I have had my eSentier for about 3-4 months and I really like it. However the rear brake screams and vibrates whenever you use it. At first it seemed as though it only happened when you gave the brakes a real squeeze but now it just does it all the time. I remember other people moaning about this, has anyone come up with a solution? I have changed pads to another brand and compound but no difference.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I had this issue - first thing to check is where the brake hose is clamped with zip tie to the fame before calliper - if this is too tight it transmits force into frame, which causes it to resonate, which is the sound you are hearing. I ended up changing to a 180mm rear rotor, and haven't had any problems in about 500 miles since.

Here is the thread on it.

Help needed - rear brake squealing like a Foghorn and vibrating. - EMTB Forums

Last edited:

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
Thanks for that. When you changed disc size did you buy a new adaptor or was it enough to take out the spacers between the calliper and the existing adaptor?

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
Thanks to all for advice, I went down the 180mm disc route and silence now reigns and even more important - no vibration!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles