Scott Strike 920 2022 rear mudguard/pannier rack combo

EarlGreyRooibos

May 17, 2022
Devon
Hi, I've just ordered a strike 920 2022 and am eagerly awaiting delivery. Meantime I'm thinking of getting a pannier rack as I hate cycling with a backpack and have always used panniers on previous non-ebike MTBs. This is the first full-suspension bike I've had. Looking at the scott website the bike is pre-bushed for a fender/rack and it says look on the accessories page to find which one. Problem is there is nothing listed on the accessories page for the Strike. So....has anyone got advice about which would be the best option to go for?

Also, second question if I may- the bike is pre-cabled for lights. What does this mean? Is there a plug on front and rear to simply plug a light into to run off the battery? Any recommendations for lights?

Many thanks- sorry for the newbness

Voluptua

Oct 4, 2020
United Kingdom
I believe the Scott racks are Racktime brand. That's what my LBS fitted to mine- not sure how they sourced it - it may be a Scott-specific model. Racktime do some natty quick-mount bags.

Have a look at the pictures on the Scott website of the full suspension bikes with racks - (e.g Axis eride FS). See how the rack is angled backwards when the bike is at rest, compared with the non-suspension variants. As the rear suspension brings the wheel up the rack hinges forwards closer to the saddle - and gets closer still when you activate the dropper post. If you don't allow for this, your luggage will clout your bum on each bump. I had to remount mine back a bit to solve this.

The pre-cabling means there are wires already fitted to the motor tucked away in the frame. This makes it easier to hook up the lights, which otherwise might have required a motor removal. Your LBS will need to activate the software to get the lights to work. I have Lezyne lights - the front one is labelled macro pro 1000. They're OK - but I've no experience of anything else to compare them to.

Iink to a supplier for the Axis rack - I just Googled it, I've not used this firm : SCOTT REAR RACK AXIS E-RIDE/STRIKE ERIDE BLACK CYCLES ET SPORTS

Last edited:

EarlGreyRooibos

May 17, 2022
Devon
I believe the Scott racks are Racktime brand. That's what my LBS fitted to mine- not sure how they sourced it - it may be a Scott-specific model. Racktime do some natty quick-mount bags.

Have a look at the pictures on the Scott website of the full suspension bikes with racks - (e.g Axis eride FS). See how the rack is angled backwards when the bike is at rest, compared with the non-suspension variants. As the rear suspension brings the wheel up the rack hinges forwards closer to the saddle - and gets closer still when you activate the dropper post. If you don't allow for this, your luggage will clout your bum on each bump. I had to remount mine back a bit to solve this.

The pre-cabling means there are wires already fitted to the motor tucked away in the frame. This makes it easier to hook up the lights, which otherwise might have required a motor removal. Your LBS will need to activate the software to get the lights to work. I have Lezyne lights - the front one is labelled macro pro 1000. They're OK - but I've no experience of anything else to compare them to.

Iink to a supplier for the Axis rack - I just Googled it, I've not used this firm : SCOTT REAR RACK AXIS E-RIDE/STRIKE ERIDE BLACK CYCLES ET SPORTS
Thankyou- that looks just the thing. Unfortunately the French company is not currently accepting orders from the UK- another Brexit win :( I will see if I can find a UK supplier- no luck so far.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I'd the same problem. Opted for the genius 920 over the axis pro, due to them being tthe same frame, only the genius comes with a fox 36 and dps shock, the axis with a suntour pile of nonsense. I get the better sus bits but lose out on the rack(lights/guards etc)
I bought and fitted a thule pack and pedal strap on rack which thus far has been an excellent choice.

It's crazy, because the frames are exactly the same, the money is the same, only suntour is not the level of suspension componentry i'd expect to see on a £5k sus bike.
I fit my own rack, i fit my own lights and i can do without full mudguards, and overall I get a much better, more capable set up.

NOTE - You'll have to buy the side shields for the rack too, but they're only 30 quid. . £120 gets you sorted.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles