(Scott Genius eRide 920) vs (Focus Jam2 6.8) vs (Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL)

Which bike do you like best?

• Total voters

Clermond

Jan 27, 2021
Enschede, The Nederlands
Hi,

My name is Clermond and I’m looking to buy my second EMTB. My first bike was the Cannondale Trail Neo 2 2021 M hardtail with Bosch gen 4 CX motor.

For my second bike I’m looking for a full suspension bike with the same Bosch gen4 motor. My budget is around €5000.

I’m still quite new to mountain biking and ride in the Nederland’s where the conditions are not that rough. I really like to practice wheelies, manuals, stoppies and all the other tricks.

I already did a lot of research and found the following bikes that I like:

1 - 2021 Scott Genius eRide 920
2 - Focus Jam2 6.8
3 - Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL 625

My main concern for the Scott bike is that I read in a review that the bike isn’t the most playful because it has a large wheelbase. For me being able to practice the tricks like the manuals and wheelies is more important than for example being very stable while riding downhill because we don’t have that many hills around here. I looked at the different geometries, but I don’t know If I would really feel the difference compared to the Focus and the Cube.

Before corona I would just go to different stores to try the bikes, but due to corona I will have to order the bike online. So any advice is appreciated.

Which bike would you guys recommend, or are there any other bikes I should consider?

Thank you in advance,
Clermond de Hullu

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
You don´t have trek on your short list. Didn´t you considered it? Very good bike also but a litle expensive comparing . For me very good bang for the buck is Cube (140 or 160).

Clermond

Jan 27, 2021
Enschede, The Nederlands
You don´t have trek on your short list. Didn´t you considered it? Very good bike also but a litle expensive comparing . For me very good bang for the buck is Cube (140 or 160).

Thank you for your input, and I looked at the Trek Rail 5 because it is in my price range.
But I didn’t add it to my list because it has a lot of Sram SX parts on it. I am an absolute beginner, and have never tried any Sram parts, but the other bikes on my list have ‘better’ parts on them.
Do you agree, or am I looking at the wrong thing when comparing these bikes?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´m used to ride bikes with NX and uper groupset. Never tried SX, but I wouldn´t expect major impact in performance against NX . It´s more a personal choice than anything. I prefer shimano , but I woldn´t stop considering a bike because Sram transmition . Brakes are also Tektro. Dont know if they perform enought on this tipe of bike and brakes are very import in ebikes considerind the weight. As I said Trek are not very well specked, but they perform .
On tight budjet probably Cube is a good/balanced option with Shimano transmission and brakes XT (140SL).
The rail 7 is in the same price range than the eride 920 isn´t it? Both more expensive than the Cube. Better fork´s there than the rockshox 35. Yary on the Trek and Fox Rythm34 (Cube and Scott).

Chem1st

Dec 8, 2022
Tallinn, Estonia
Hi everyone, I have a similar choice to make: Scott Genius eRide 920 vs Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SLX 750
Scott Genius is model from 2021, with Purion display and 625 whr battery, alloy frame and Fox 36 fork and cheaper.
Cube on the other hand is model for 2023, with Bosch smart system with 750 whr battery, carbon frame and Fox 34 fork and more expensive.
Will use it for local trails with relatively flat terrain, nothing extreme, at least for now. If going with Scott, will upgrade from Purion to Nyon.
Would like to hear your thoughts. Cheers!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles