Scott genius eride 900 or specialized levo

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
Hi guys, I’m looking at the both bikes in the title. Have anyone had both and if so what do you prefer?

I really can’t decide on which to go for. I was looking at spending £5-£6k but would stretch to the scott genius eride 900 tuned for slightly extra. The specialized expert is above my budget so it would be the fsr model at £5995. The scott has the fox suspension and imo looks a lot nicer. I’ve seen that the free update is available at the end of the month for the bosch motor too. From the reviews I’ve seen it seems to make a great difference which makes the decision even harder. I prefer 27.5” wheels too and the scott has the option of being able to run the 27.5+ which is another bonus over the specialized. I think the main things swaying me towards the specialized is the bros motor and the 700wh battery.

I currently ride a normal mtb and its an orange five pro. Haven’t long bought it after getting back into mtbing the last year but I’m regretting not going for an ebike. I ride a ktm enduro motorbike and the routes I do on my mtb are mostly ones I do on my enduro motorbike. Therefor involves quite a few climbs that are hard work on a normal mtb. An ebike would make it far more enjoyable and I’d be able to go further along the routes. I’d be the only one out of my mates to have an ebike but I don’t want that to hold me back as I seriously hate climbing hills on a normal mtb. prefer coming back down ?

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
I have had a Levo but now ride a Genius eRide 910.
The Levo was very good but for me the Genius is far superior, nicer to ride and has way better range.
I would get 4-6 miles per 20% battery on the Levo (in eco) but get 12-15 miles per 20% battery on the Genius (in eco), TBH I can get 9-10 miles in Tour! (For 20%) And eMTB mode is superb.
The 2020 Scott bikes can have a piggy back battery (up to 500w/h) with an optional mount. So up to 1125w/h !
The new Bosch Gen 4 is smooth and after the cut off there is no drag. I can easily ride at 18/19 mph on the Genius, could never do that on the Levo.
I find the twinlock really useful and I actual like the 29ers too

Dino

Oct 30, 2019
Devon
Scott Genius ERide 900 Tuned for sure. Better components for the money and awesome to ride (I own it). Bosch Motor also getting an update end of July to increase torque to 85nm. I was where you were between the Levo and Scott. TBH both are awesome bikes and you wont go wrong with either, I just think you get better components for your money with the Scott so less upgrades to buy later.

C63DC3B2-6C2C-4B49-810C-A6DA5583E0AD.jpeg

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
Thanks for the replies.

I’m really swaying towards the scott, think it looks far nicer too. Is there much difference in the 900 tuned and the 910 to warrant the extra cost?

I have had a Levo but now ride a Genius eRide 910.
The Levo was very good but for me the Genius is far superior, nicer to ride and has way better range.
I would get 4-6 miles per 20% battery on the Levo (in eco) but get 12-15 miles per 20% battery on the Genius (in eco), TBH I can get 9-10 miles in Tour! (For 20%) And eMTB mode is superb.
The 2020 Scott bikes can have a piggy back battery (up to 500w/h) with an optional mount. So up to 1125w/h !
The new Bosch Gen 4 is smooth and after the cut off there is no drag. I can easily ride at 18/19 mph on the Genius, could never do that on the Levo.
I find the twinlock really useful and I actual like the 29ers too

I was hoping someone with experience of both would come along so thank you. Did you have the 700wh battery on your levo?
I didn’t realise tbe levo had the drag too, thought they’d sorted that now.

Last edited:

fishcake

Sep 25, 2018
Yorkshire
Thanks for the replies.

I’m really swaying towards the scott, think it looks far nicer too. Is there much difference in the 900 tuned and the 910?

I was hoping someone with experience of both would come along so thank you. Did you have the 700wh battery on your levo?
I didn’t realise tbe levo had the drag too, thought they’d sorted that now.

900 is carbon, factory fox fork & shock and Kiox display. Oh and better wheels.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
I saw a black at a store . I thought it looked awesome. Really tough looking . Was a bit shocked with the weight when i picked it up though. But really what the other guy said . U can't go wrong with either bike i think there all awesome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles