Scott 2020 eRIDE Genius 900 tuned

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
Im thinking to order a 2020 Scott eRIDE 900 TUNED,BUT Not sure any good of those,can anyone give me some comments or advise good points or bad points about Scott bike,I know many people don’t like too many cables on the handlebar and only 150mm travel.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
My daughter rides a conventional genius 940 , the onnthe fly suspension adjustment is an interesting feature. It's not just a peddling efficiency thing - you also change how the bike pumps / steers between settings. I'll wait and see how everything holds up to a couple of years abuse, but I'd consider annebike version as my next bike.

It did taje her 2/3 rides to adjust to the quirky dropper post lever - an absolute pita to adjyst

There's a few other mildly annoying things - torx 25+30 everywhere , the chain guide seems impossible to adjust for all 12 gears ( either 1 or 12 will rub) - minor hassles compared with having 3 bikes inn1 .

let us know how you find the bike if you ride it

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
My daughter rides a conventional genius 940 , the onnthe fly suspension adjustment is an interesting feature. It's not just a peddling efficiency thing - you also change how the bike pumps / steers between settings. I'll wait and see how everything holds up to a couple of years abuse, but I'd consider annebike version as my next bike.

It did taje her 2/3 rides to adjust to the quirky dropper post lever - an absolute pita to adjyst

There's a few other mildly annoying things - torx 25+30 everywhere , the chain guide seems impossible to adjust for all 12 gears ( either 1 or 12 will rub) - minor hassles compared with having 3 bikes inn1 .

let us know how you find the bike if you ride it
on my local shop was have a Scott eRIDE 2019 model on sale for £5000.BUT E8000 motor IS OUT FOR 2-3year battery only 500w and I am quite interesting the Bosch gen4 motor 630w battery and much smaller motor and frame decide,so Design wait for the new model to order.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Wait for 2020 - if only for the ability to fit double batteries.

I'll be really interested to hear how the twinlock translates to an ebike. It's a great feature on a conventional bike, and I can imagine times it'd be a bonus on an ebike - eg riding smooth flowing trails you could switch to " uphill" mode and not have to ride an over suspended marshmallow .

Just a few random thoughts from the shed - the wheels on hers are heavier than those on my giant ebike - this really surprised me. Both are upper mid spec bikes, so still alloy rims. I did notice her rim tape was a lot more substantial that the thin junk my giant ( and norco) came with - almost a rubbery tape. Hopefully thus will mean it doesn't need retaping every couple of tyre changes....

there were a few unexpected quality touches - schwalbe tubes rather than nonamechinacrap brand. The grips are heaven - soft and sticky . All the cables seem clatter free, and there's a port under the frame for easy access. Rear axle has an allen key tool thing - arguably it would make more sense to be torks.....but I guess it's a start .

bad news - all those cables hang below the bottom bracket waiting for mr snag to grab them. The egenius I looked at in the store did the same thing. Hopefully you can work out some sort of guard / bashplate?

oh, and it's a short large. Think 2017 bike sizing in a 2019 bike. Still has " modern" low / longish geometry , but definitely a shirter reach than an equivalent sized giant. I see thus as a bonus - ie I agree with Gary that longer usn't always better. She's just on 6' so a short large fits her nicely.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles