Sweden
God day!
Is it possible to fit a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus 28" SmartGuard 40-622
Or
Schwalbe
Marathon E-Plus 28" 622x50
On my:
CUBE EX30, 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready
I'm confused, I mailed BikeDiscount and they said no and recommended a pair of rocket ron instead.

So can any of you recommend me the Marathon commute tires for my rims.

Thanks in advance

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
The marathons are awesome commute tyres, last forever and virtually puncture proof. I've had one puncture with them, in 10+ yrs of using them. They are heavy though.

The size is another issue! I've got 700 X 38 on my old commuter, which is a charge 29er hardtail. Google says that a 700c tyre goes on a 622mm diameter rim, so if your bike is a 29er then I reckon they'll fit.

I've no idea where 28" comes in, I always thought mtb was 26", then later 27.5"/29" and road bikes are 700c.

edit: The marathons are only good if you are mainly on tarmac. They would suck on trails!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
28" is just what the Germans (ie. Schwalbe) call 700c

700c and 29" are the exact same thing, different marketing

so long as you don't have crazy wide rims 700c/28" Marathons will fit your 29er wheels
(guessing the 30 in EX30 is the internal rim width so you shouldn't have any issues)

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I had the marathons on my old bike and where a great tyre for commuting. A real bitch to get on though due to the reinforcement. Unfortunatley they're not an option with my new cube Ebike, as it came with 2.6inch tyres and would be silly with the widest marathons which are 1.75
Decided to go down the Armour route instead. https://tannus.co.uk/armour/
There pretty good as it means I can fit any tyre i wish now.
Tubeless isn't an option either as 90% of punctures are from broken glass

DonkeyKong

Nov 10, 2019
Sweden
The marathons are awesome commute tyres, last forever and virtually puncture proof. I've had one puncture with them, in 10+ yrs of using them. They are heavy though.

The size is another issue! I've got 700 X 38 on my old commuter, which is a charge 29er hardtail. Google says that a 700c tyre goes on a 622mm diameter rim, so if your bike is a 29er then I reckon they'll fit.

I've no idea where 28" comes in, I always thought mtb was 26", then later 27.5"/29" and road bikes are 700c.

edit: The marathons are only good if you are mainly on tarmac. They would suck on trails!
Thanks for reply!
I have 2 sets of wheels, one with NobbyNic Tubeless for trails, so I wanted the Marathon for commuting on asphalt! I've used the Marathon on commuting with my Cyclocross and really likes them. I am a bit unsure, because the width of my rims are 30c, and according to Schwalbe table it must be 60mm tire. Tire Dimensions
But they have one in size 28 x 2.15" / 622 x 55 mm that shouldn't fall off ?

DonkeyKong

Nov 10, 2019
Sweden
I had the marathons on my old bike and where a great tyre for commuting. A real bitch to get on though due to the reinforcement. Unfortunatley they're not an option with my new cube Ebike, as it came with 2.6inch tyres and would be silly with the widest marathons which are 1.75
Decided to go down the Armour route instead. https://tannus.co.uk/armour/
There pretty good as it means I can fit any tyre i wish now.
Tubeless isn't an option either as 90% of punctures are from broken glass
I found these, they would not look soooo silly ?
Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus 28" Wire Tyre | E-Bike 28" - 50km/h Shop
28 x 2.15" / 622 x 55 mm
And also:
Schwalbe Marathon Plus MTB 29x2.10" Clincher Reflex | MTB Tyres 29" - non-folding Shop

My intended Ebike also comes with 2.6 Nobby Nic and 30mm rims. Worst case scenario, my other rims (Hope) have only 23mm rims, so I could fit on those.
What Ebike did you buy?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I found these, they would not look soooo silly ?
Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus 28" Wire Tyre | E-Bike 28" - 50km/h Shop
28 x 2.15" / 622 x 55 mm
And also:
Schwalbe Marathon Plus MTB 29x2.10" Clincher Reflex | MTB Tyres 29" - non-folding Shop

My intended Ebike also comes with 2.6 Nobby Nic and 30mm rims. Worst case scenario, my other rims (Hope) have only 23mm rims, so I could fit on those.
What Ebike did you buy?
This is the bike I bought CUBE Reaction Hybrid SL 625 29 grey´n´orange 2020
Yes I nearly bought the 29x2.1 but when you see how bulky everything is about the bike (frame wise) then I kinda thought the big tyre really suited the look

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles