Scam Website: Anyone bought a bike from here before

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Edit - apologies - maybe not so legit as I first though after looking at your further posts...

1624882015850.png

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
looks dodgy to me (the website) - the company the website purports to represent may well exist - but that website and the wording/language used just screams scam - if its really genuine, they need to get someone to rewrite all their copy.

The THE BICYCLE COMPANY (UK) LTD service team will do its utmost to fulfil your change requests, if it can still be done. Several orders can be bundled upon your explicit request only.

Buy best bicycles online for men women and children

largest bicycle manufacturer

Last edited:

avman

May 24, 2021
hull
looks dodgy to me (the website) - the company the website purports to represent may well exist - but that website and the wording/language used just screams scam - if its really genuine, they need to get someone to rewrite all their copy.

The THE BICYCLE COMPANY (UK) LTD service team will do its utmost to fulfil your change requests, if it can still be done. Several orders can be bundled upon your explicit request only.

Buy best bicycles online for men women and children

largest bicycle manufacturer
I feel the same the website feels like a scam with some wording just seems wrong.
i was wondering if the actual shop was there as its not on google maps.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
The building in the picture is occupied by a company Called Truck UK who do legal compliance services for the haulage industry. There is no bike to collect. ⛔

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
photo shopped from google maps holy shite.
actual
View attachment 65461
on the website
View attachment 65462

Definitely a scam. Google Street photo is copyrighted as of 2021. They claimed to have opened up shop there as of 2018.

Edit: I'm going to walk that back a bit. Now on a computer and seeing that although copyrighted 2021, image capture is specified to have happened in 2016. But the photo is obviously a photoshop of the Google Street photo 2016 image, and they remain most-likely a scam.

Last edited:

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
Reported to two of the brands who are being shown on the site, both of which I know will actively pursue it.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
If this is a scam it's well done apart from the poorly worded website and it would be interesting to make contact as the Company reg no shows various info as above and the VAT number is registered to a London bike shop;

1624904157877.png

Googling that address does indeed show a bike shop;

1624904220020.png

However Companies House shows this business with different Directors. :unsure:

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
If this is a scam it's well done apart from the poorly worded website and it would be interesting to make contact as the Company reg no shows various info as above and the VAT number is registered to a London bike shop;

View attachment 65494

Googling that address does indeed show a bike shop;

View attachment 65495

However Companies House shows this business with different Directors. :unsure:

It seems like they found a legitimate bike business with a generic-enough name, copied their VAT number, and concocted a fantasy entity that could pass as said business in the eyes of marks who desperately want to believe the deals are true.

It needs to be noted that nothing on their website points to this Google Street photos-confirmed brick & mortar. All contact info and addresses would keep people from contacting this real business. The nail-in-the-coffin is their claimed history, which cannot be reconciled with the facts of the VAT record.

If I were in the UK, I'd contact this legitimate business as well and let them know of these people who are using their VAT number.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
It's scammier than a scammy con wearing a stripey jumper & a mask. The photo shopped office, the huge number of bikes, all a grand cheaper than any actual shop. The accounts which show a dormant company with £3 (lol) of capital in it. I guess for a few hundred quid knocking up a website, if you reel in a couple of punters & pocket a few grand before closing it down & repeating then it's worth the effort.

tophies

Sep 16, 2019
UK
Your link is opening the following site thebikecompany.co.uk who are a legit company - possibly being redirected go google

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Clicking the link as provided by the OP does now go to a legit company as @tophies mentions.

However if you type the address into your browser (thebicyclecompanyuk.com) it still comes up with the original scam site

tophies

Sep 16, 2019
UK
Interesting - I note you are both not in the UK, maybe UK IP's are banned from accessing the site

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles