Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
Heckler (eBronson) S model

3D61DF9C-D930-4780-AB2F-D72FED403C7E.jpeg

07FC206A-945C-4494-BD89-92632E71FBA5.jpeg

steveo

Jul 20, 2019
Ka15hy
Sprockets in Kilmarnock have got one in for a customer i think and are doing a special build. So must be changing a few things on it. Might pop on and have a look after work for a peak.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Dax That demo day is a great deal.
3hr demo for £20 all of it going to local trail builders

Folk should definitely consider having a shot of one instead of getting the hump 'cause they're:
A. too tight to buy one
B a massively ignorant £6k Santa cruz owning Ebike hating bell end

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. that's probably the ones I found.
I actually do run 760mm bars (and like them narrower) on one of my bikes, but it's a lightweight super playful carbon 170mm enduro bike. Because of the extra weight I prefer 800s on the Eeb.
I'm sure I'd adapt to 20mm less either side but those Koryak's are kinda (scarily) light for 760mm alu bar too.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Some focus's have an alloy DI2 bar on them, but not sure what brand - pretty sure they are labelled up as Focus.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Anyone seen a Di2 bar in 35mm clamp? Heckler must be running 31.8 stem but their site does not specify. Doesn't matter, I just happen to have 35mm clamp stem.

Price is pretty steep tho

1581690078043.png

AZRickD

Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
I puttered around my neighborhood last night. Getting things set and exploring the eTube app.

I’ll have a real test ride on Saturday. Video eventually.

My local trail — a half-mile ride to a 600-foot pile of lava rock that the local parks department decided to run a hiking trail through. Not a lot of smoothness. No significant drops. A good test for climbing and descending through various sizes of rock, baseball through cantaloupe.

markjl

Jan 7, 2020
Rio Verde, AZ
Fun inaugural ride.

The Shimano E8000 was very responsive. Everything worked well together.
Video eventually.
Curious what you think of the bike. Test drove one this weekend, and was surprised how much I liked it. Also test drove Levo SL, Levo comp and Trek Rail. Really liked SL, but know I need more power. Rode the Levo comp in McDowell mountain park for a half day. Probably the best overall bike that checks the most boxes. Prior to testing I was sure I would order a Rail, but geometry just does not fit my profile. If Santa Cruz had larger battery it would be top pick. Most dealers don't stock this bike, and some are saying Santa Cruz doesn't have many left of the initial run.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
How do you think the E8000 motor compare with Brose in Levo? Power, feeling etc.
The Shimano is noisier, a bit less powerful and less options in the app. The lower max power doesn't really matter for trail riding, and I think the Shimano offers a better mix of power and control on the technical trails. Both motors are good on the trails, the choice is down to personal preference and what you're accustomed to.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
The Shimano is noisier, a bit less powerful and less options in the app. The lower max power doesn't really matter for trail riding, and I think the Shimano offers a better mix of power and control on the technical trails. Both motors are good on the trails, the choice is down to personal preference and what you're accustomed to.
Stunlocker way better than etube ap

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles