Rotwild RX750 Ultra - Brose Mag S, 750WH

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Looks like its not only Specilized bringing it with the new Mag S, Rotwild coming in with all guns blazing on this one. 22.6 KG, mixed size DT Swiss carbon wheels, massive battery, full carbon frame, 12 speed XTR, Eightpins frame integrated dropper post etc etc - 10k though!

Google Translate

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 22.10.21.png

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
its going sky high at the moment!

That's never going to change.
It's just the nature of the bicycle industry.
£10k off the shelf roadbikes with rim brakes and no motor or suspension are a thing.and have been for ages.

I find it pretty funny when I hear folk say they're waiting until they're more affordable before buying an Emtb.

For me emtb became next level when durable gravity orientated Emtbs dropped to around 21kg in weight.
6K of Di2/Eagle, carbon and kashima rarely actually improves anything, even overall weight
every single time I see an aesthetically pleasing hidden battery carbon frame design the first thing I do is check out the weight. Nine times out of ten I'm disappointed.

BTTB

Jan 10, 2019
Planet Earth
Really interested in the Rotwild RX750 - I understand it will be available from September, but does anyone know of a UK reseller for Rotwild ?

RTMster

Aug 25, 2019
Germany
Really interested in the Rotwild RX750 - I understand it will be available from September, but does anyone know of a UK reseller for Rotwild ?
Afaik there is no official in the UK. visit their Website Bikes in the upper right site is a "store locater". you should contact them, they'll may ship it to you.

Kentish

Nov 5, 2019
Kent
same crap unreliable motor as the levo though !!!

Sorry, I 'm new round here so bear with me..

Are the Levo motors considered to be unreliable?

I demo'd a 2020 Levo Expert a few weeks ago and the motor was one of my favourite things! The Levo was top of my wishlist. ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Majority of recent issues are not to do with the motor, but with Specialized’s parts they use to control the system.

whilst other Brose motored bikes are not that common on the forum, I don’t think we have seen any report on the forum of the motors/electrical systems having problems when installed in other bikes

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Majority of recent issues are not to do with the motor, but with Specialized’s parts they use to control the system.

whilst other Brose motored bikes are not that common on the forum, I don’t think we have seen any report on the forum of the motors/electrical systems having problems when installed in other bikes

Unfortunately the Brose T motor in my Bulls e-Stream Evo 2 HT required replacement at around 700-800km (can only see the mileage with dealer diagnostic) and new motor is already making noise with around 500km. Also, the S series motor in the Fantic XF1 I demoed a while back was experiencing power issues and making motor noises as well, although not the same as what my first motor had. It did have quite a bit more power once we got the electrical issues sorted though! I haven't ridden the Mag S yet but sure sounds like the motor issues haven't all been solved yet. Heck, I probably would have bought a Turbo Levo by now had I not experienced as well as read about all the many problems Brose motors, both in Specialized and other brands have been having. Yes Specialized with their excellent support will take care of the issue...but only for the 2-year warranty period. Then what? I generally keep a bike until it can no longer do what its designed to do (still riding my first MTB, 1996 Bianchi Whistler which now serves as a touring bike with racks and panniers) so either the problems need to be solved along with the availability of reasonably priced replacement parts and/or a low cost repair service so we can keep these wonderful but quite expensive machines doing what they were designed to do.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles