Rotwild R.E 375

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
I’m really curious to find reviews on the new lightweight Rotwild Enduro. Would like to understand if it is a good fit for me, and what kind of range one can expect from a full power motor with a smaller battery.

Anyone got one on order?

Yoniboi

Jul 15, 2021
Madrid
I've been trying to hook up with a guy who lives locally who's been using the Levo and Kenevo SLs a lot recently to try them back to back, but so far no joy as he's been too busy.
I have tried a Rise though as a mate's got one.
On paper the bike to try mine against is the Kenevo SL, the geo is so similar it's shocking, the weight is close (my 'Core' edition Rotwild is 1 pound heavier than the Kenevo) but the Rotwild has twice the torque, a tad more power, a little more battery but most importantly you could buy two Rotwilds for the price of one Specialized.
The Rise is another animal. It's very Trail, the travel is significantly less, the reach is 10mm less, modern but not groundbreaking, the head angle is too steep for my liking at 65.5º in its slackest setting (the Rotwild is the first bike in 10 years I haven't felt the need to put an angleset on at 63.5º) but despite that's it's a really nice bike and considerably lighter than either the Kenevo SL or the RE375.
Horses for courses.
I would really still like to try the Kenevo SL though.

Yoniboi

Jul 15, 2021
Madrid
Size L, vinyl wrapped, longer-than-stock 170mm seatpost and lightweight platform pedals = my not highly accurate scales say 19.8-20.1kg depending on how they're feeling.
FWIW with the motor turned off the bike pedals better than my 2015 Commencal Meta AM. I've tried them back to back on a ride with my partner. Unreal. If the track starts going up though you'll be hitting the on button as those 20Kg start to make themselves felt.
The Performance pads which come stock with the Maguras are fine at the back, but they're not up to long steep downhills at the front, not even with the 220mm disk it comes with. Changed them for Race compound and they're amazing, so that was a cheap fix.
Loving the bike, no reservations. Best purchase I've made in years!

Yoniboi

Jul 15, 2021
Madrid
Range depends on so many things but mostly altitude gain and weight of rider. I weigh 85Kg and I'm reasonably, but not very, fit and if I put it in Profile 2 on Trail (so that's less power than Profile 1 on Trail) I can get 60Km with 300m altitud gain. I towed my daughter up a 700m altutude gain track, over about 10km at 22km/h in boost on profile 1 and ran out of battery at the trail head (so no probs).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles