Rocky Mountain Powerplay Slayer rumours

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Interested to hear people’s thoughts on a potential eSlayer.

With the success of the Kenevo and other long travel ebikes it must surely be in the pipeline at Rocky. Something we could see in the near future?

What would be on your wishlist regarding spec and geo?

I’ll start:
Spec - 27.5” / mullet, 180/170mm travel, coil shock, Fox 40 option (no Boxxer Select please), carbon and alloy versions.

Geo - Short chainstays (like the Altitude), normal reach figures (looking at you 2020 Kenevo), low standover, agile & ‘natural’ ride that the powerplays seem to be known for.

You’ve probably all seen this already but it’s a decent render:
2020 Rocky Mountain Slayer Powerplay ebike Rumors Surface

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I’d love to see this! Love my Gen 1 Kenevo. I’d rather go with shorter chainstays than longer like on the Ke-Levo. Altitude length would be great but Current Slayer geo is closer to Gen 1 Kenevo. Also curious about the Powerplay system.
Biggest issue right now for me is lack of dealer interest in ebikes. I have a 2-3 hour drive to the nearest Powerplay shops. Looking forward to both an E-Slayer and support within an hours drive. Both may not be till next spring which is ok since I’m still lovin’ my Ken!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thatd be amazing. 180 mullet with a triple clamp . Rocky's standover is sky high though. Thats the only thing holding me back from getting their bikes. All the rest of the geo is perfect for me. I really like their cs'

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Thatd be amazing. 180 mullet with a triple clamp . Rocky's standover is sky high though. Thats the only thing holding me back from getting their bikes. All the rest of the geo is perfect for me. I really like their cs'

Totally agree. Not sure why they do that

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
Thought I’d pin this up.

BE45C9DA-C033-4E47-BA5B-166824B1D48A.jpeg

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
Spoke to Rocky about the rumors of such a beast. They had a zipped lip about it. Best they would say is anything is possible and to keep checking in on their media pages.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Yeah. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. Holding off on a Kenevo purchase hoping that they tease something on Halloween (wishful thinking, I know...)
Thats a good possibility. Havent they released a slayer or 3 on halloween? Always had a soft spot for rocky and that motor sounds really good(both canadian/bike/motor). Soo many iconic bikes through the years from handbuilt(tom ritchey welded) steel frames to the freeride days to cool modern trail bikes. The numbers add up for me, ill just keep on keeping my fingers crossed for some added SO

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany

Sorry, not sure if you can’t see the link or if that’s a reaction but just in case, RM have teased a new bike being released tomorrow. Fingers crossed it’s the Kenevo-slayer we’ve been waiting for. If not, there’s a Kenevo comp with my name on it.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Just discovered that all that excitement was for nothing. The bike is a new analogue Instinct...

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Still more interesting than the 2020 Kenevo. ?

?

still think the 2020 Kenevo Comp is going to be my first emtb though to be honest. Can’t wait any longer for the perfect steed.

I’ll give RM the benefit of the doubt and one extra day before I commit. Halloween won’t be the same without a Slayer drop

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles