Rocky Mountain powerplay questions Altitude & Instinct

Dude1977

Aug 14, 2019
Finland
HI,

I am am considering to buy RM Altitude or Instinct. I am more or less 185cm, any recommendations for the size? I tested Large size Altitude and it felt a bit tight. However I am used to ride slightly longer bikes. So, this was possibly just a first feeling. Any recommendations for the sizing?

Second question. Have you un-restricted your Powerplay bikes? If so, what system you have used (3planet hub system or other)?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Vlad

Sep 8, 2020
Prague
Hey, I tested the bike yesterday. I’m 183cm with long arms and ordered an XL...
The bike is definitely short and the bigger size actually gets you into the more modern geo with longer reach and wheelbase.
Btw in their sizing chart, the XL is from 180cm to 190cm, so I would say you fall directly in the middle of the XL :)

-justus

Sep 18, 2020
Finland
Hi,

Definitely go with the XL. I am also 185 cm and got to test L and XL last spring. I went with the XL and it's not super long reach. Only thing to think about is long seat tube length. I have the 170mm dropper slammed all the way down and I wish it would go about 5mm lower.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Hi Dude. I'm 188cm 80kg and fortunate to ride a carbon Altitude XL daily. It's a good fit for me and is a fun bike. It is an entertaining thing on super steep switchback turns, if I had any trials skills it could be ridden up anything lol. The motor is a gem. It is a shame about the EU blanket 25km/h assist rule, with the North American 32km/h bikes there's no need to mess around with them imo.

Last edited:

Vlad

Sep 8, 2020
Prague
Hi,

Definitely go with the XL. I am also 185 cm and got to test L and XL last spring. I went with the XL and it's not super long reach. Only thing to think about is long seat tube length. I have the 170mm dropper slammed all the way down and I wish it would go about 5mm lower.

Exactly what we were discussing with the guy from the bikeshop :)
We decided to switch to a 150mm dropper.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
I’m 193cm and have ordered an Instinct BC C90 PP in XL. Can’t get any size above that of course, but it’s a bit disconcerting how small you guys think the bikes are....

I mean I deliberately got a bike with a shorter chainstay than my Levo, but hope it doesn’t feel insanely tight.

Vlad

Sep 8, 2020
Prague
I’m 193cm and have ordered an Instinct BC C90 PP in XL. Can’t get any size above that of course, but it’s a bit disconcerting how small you guys think the bikes are....

I mean I deliberately got a bike with a shorter chainstay than my Levo, but hope it doesn’t feel insanely tight.
Why not the XXL?

9324D645-174F-45D1-8D71-95ADD12327BC.jpeg

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ

Is that the new orange and blue one on the bikes.com website? That thing looks like a fun time :cool:

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Is that the new orange and blue one on the bikes.com website? That thing looks like a fun time :cool:

Yes, or «volcano and grapevine» as they call the colours It’s not the alloy version you first see but the one after you actively choose the “C90”.

Yeah, I hope and think it will be fun.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles