Rocky mountain altitude powerplay speed unlock

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Hi does anyone know the best way to derestrict the rocky mountain altitude powerplay 2019 or just raise it to at least 20mph its just in need of a bit more.
Cheers

nineT

Apr 16, 2020
Bavaria
I use the mtt; not for speed but for more flexibility.
I like the 8 power levels, there is proper support in any terrain to keep the heart rate where I need it.
Shortcomings are the fact that it powers down after few minutes and forgets the trip mileage and no Bluetooth connection.

Dude1977

Aug 14, 2019
Finland
Are you running 2 magnets? I have one at home ready to try, should be cool. My only reservation is that it puts the trip/speedo/odo out of whack. Have you noticed any problems with this device fitted?
HI Dan,

Yes, I am running with the 2 magnet version. No problems at all. Only thing was the faulty speed sensor in the bike which didn't read even the original magnet. That fixed everything worked smoothly. Just be very precise with assembly and follow the instructions. If any problems just drop Planet3 an email and they will help you.

garypalmer

Apr 15, 2020
Torre-Pacheco
I use the mtt; not for speed but for more flexibility.
I like the 8 power levels, there is proper support in any terrain to keep the heart rate where I need it.
Shortcomings are the fact that it powers down after few minutes and forgets the trip mileage and no Bluetooth connection.
8 power levels?? how is it??

do you have any web that can explain it? I can't see information in the original web of mtt about it..

nineT

Apr 16, 2020
Bavaria
Works fine to me. No individual level settig as with the app. You choose the max. amps for level 8 and the rest is divided into more or less equal intervals.

garypalmer

Apr 15, 2020
Torre-Pacheco
Works fine to me. No individual level settig as with the app. You choose the max. amps for level 8 and the rest is divided into more or less equal intervals.

wow, sounds great!

ok, my question now is... if you remove the mtt after the configuration and use the iwoc, the bike came back to 3 levels or continue with 8 levels...

nineT

Apr 16, 2020
Bavaria
It comes back to 3 levels. If you derestrict or change wheel size this will stay if you plug in the iwoc again. I also noticed that I have to calibrate the sensor each time I opened the setup menu...got a bit scared when I did it first time and the bike was dead ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles