Rocky Mountain Advice, Size and Spec

MattsB

Sep 19, 2019
Australia
Hi,

Looking at Rocky Mountains Altitude Powerplays and a bit undecided.

For the price would it be a much better option to go with the A70 over a C50? Same price but seems a lot better specced.

Can’t really get to ride either for a trial so not sure what size, I am 176cm tall. Shorter legs longer torso, would I be better suited to medium or large?

Thanks for the help.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
I bought the 2019 C50 based on spec. I preferred the Shimano spec and Rockshox over Fox. The 500Wh battery has plenty for me, and is upgradeable in the future if I ever wanted. At 187cm - 6'2", I went for an XL. The Yari fork is great, not quite as sharp as the race tuned Lyrik on my Trek, but still bloody good. The Deluxe shock must be good cos after setting it up, I never think about it-same as my Trek. The MT520 brakes work great. I've Saints on my Trek, and hydraulically they're the same as I understand it.
I would advise go Large, but if you are a bit short in the arms, possibly a Medium is necessary. Maybe get your tape measure out and work out what a comfortable reach is for you, then see how that compares to Rocky's geometry chart for the two sizes.
Good luck, I love my Altitude, it's a proper trailbike.

Last edited:

FreeZ

Jul 20, 2019
Finland
I´m 175cm and ride Large Instinct Powerplay. Lenghtwise perfect and riding 150mm dropper slammed down. So if you clear seat tube height with wanted dropper height - go Large.

AZRickD

Jan 21, 2020
Arizona
At 175 cm (5’9”), I’m always a tweener.

I test rode a medium and large 2020 Instinct last week.

The Medium was doable, bit a little cramped. I would go with a Large for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles