RockShox super deluxe model differences

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Which ones mate?
RS name the entire line "Super deluxe" including the coil range.

This page has the specs of each of the current air shocks
Super Deluxe
Basically the more you spend the more twisty bits you get. if you're not much of a knob twister (and don't have a bike with funky/shit kinematics) you'll be pretty happy on the select.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Which ones mate?
RS name the entire line "Super deluxe" including the coil range.

This page has the specs of each of the current air shocks
Super Deluxe
Basically the more you spend the more twisty bits you get. if you're not much of a knob twister (and don't have a bike with funky/shit kinematics) you'll be pretty happy on the select.
See, I didn't even know that lol.

Yeah it's the air shock with piggyback. I've been looking at a couple on eBay. Think it's select and select R
Screenshot_20200225-171940_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200225-172043_eBay.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
They're good shocks.
Which one is for you will depend on what you want from a shock.
What shock do you have just now and why do you want to change it?

Oh.. and if you do buy a new SDeluxe make sure you buy one with an apropriate tune for your bike.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
That was my next question. As they're second hand they're off different bikes. Santa Cruz Bronson I believe. Can you change the tune to match the one for the levo?

Plus they're a 210-55, instead of 210-52.5. I'm told they'll fit ok.

Reason to change... Just cuz. Just thought a piggy back would be better... Somehow. I tried the fox dps and preferred the basic rs one that comes with it.

I only have this one the now...
Screenshot_20200225-174908_WhatsApp.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Isn’t suspension tune just controlled with tokens? That was my understanding anyway... as long as you get correct size / stroke etc.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Can you change the tune to match the one for the levo?
Yes. But unless you know what you're doing or have a mate that does and works for beer it's probably not going to be worth the saving of buying the correct (New and warrantied) shock.

Plus they're a 210-55, instead of 210-52.5. I'm told they'll fit ok.
If longer stroke but the same eye to eye they'll retain (almost) the same geometry as the stock shock but gain you a little bit of extra travel. I guess someone here has fitted a longer stroke shock and checked it causes no issues with clearance etc. Sorry I don't read too many Levo threads.

Reason to change... Just cuz. Just thought a piggy back would be better... Somehow. I tried the fox dps and preferred the basic rs one that comes with it.
a piggy back will be more consistent on longer runs as it will take longer to heat up. That's honestly about it over the shock you have now.
The Fox is a different shock with subtle differences. Fox shocks generally speaking can for a lot of owners be harder to find settings they get on with. RS = easier to set-up

I only have this one the now...
Should have either a sticker denoting tune, a code you can input on RS site to find the tune, or failing those Spesh/dealer should be able to tell you.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I just put one on my rail . Huge improvement. Mid support way up, more plush. Ordered a meg neg to see if I can do even better. Just make sure you have clearance. Cycle through the stroke with no air in it . Absolutely no regret here

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I was told yes . I had to disassemble it to replace lower shaft as the Santa Cruz had bearing mount. I used Racetech 3 wt shock fluid on damper. Original is 7 wt plush fluid. Idk , but it is buttery smooth . And I have only bottomed it once. One token. My son rides it very hard. Lots of jumps. He said it feels better than his pivot Mach 6. Wants me to find him one

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles