RockShox sektor fork upgrade? Best Levo suspension set up for serious downhill.

Davey S

Apr 9, 2019
Scotland
so I currently have the 2019 levo with the RockShox sector rl forks 150mm travel. On serious downhill tracks I find the forks are a bit out of their depth and I would like to go for an upgrade and increased travel to 160-170mm is the upgrade to the Yari fork worth it or would I be better to save and go for the lyric?

Also if any of you are riding with 170mm travel upfront on the 2019 Levo how do you find it does it change the handling of the bike to a large degree?

Additional question has anyone added more travel to the rear with a straight swap/minimal work rear shock?

I have scoured the forums and have come across a few posts but nothing focused on suspension changes. Any advice info greatly received

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
In another thread a member mentions that the Levo is not rated for a fork of more than 160mm travel, I believe this is mentioned in the manual/user documents. Something worth bearing in mind warranty wise

If you want the best, then you are looking at either a top end Fox 36 or a RS Lyric ultimate. Not much between them, I have both and prefer the Lyric as IMO it gives a smoother ride with less chatter, plus it’s cheaper.

Last edited:

Davey S

Apr 9, 2019
Scotland
I’m feeling like the Lyrik is the fork I’m after but struggling to swallow the £££. So I’m thinking if I get a 2018 or 2019 for now I can upgrade the damper at a later date. Any ideas where to get a cheap Lyrik not fussed if it has been used as able to service myself.

Davey S

Apr 9, 2019
Scotland
In the end I went for the 2020 ultimate and it is lovely. Is it normal for it to suck down the first 5-10mm travel?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I............ Is it normal for it to suck down the first 5-10mm travel?
Ease out the spring from around the seal at the top of the fork on the air side. Dip the pointed end of a 4-5 mm zip tie into some wet lube and ease it past the seal. Push the zip tie in until the full width of the tie is past the seal. This will release air trapped on the wrong side of something inside the fork. (I don't have the full technical explanation).

I have done this with success, and have read of several others having done the same on this forum and the Bike Radar forum too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles