rockshox revelation fork upgradable or not

superrob

Apr 7, 2019
netherlands
My turbo levo fsr 2018 has a rockshox revelation fork. I can look up the fork on the rockshox site using the serial number. According to the site my fork is type FS-RVL-RC-A1.
I want to upgrade to the charger2 rct3 damper. The revelation fork that is compatible to the damper according to rockshox is type B1/2018.

Is my fork eligible for the upgrade?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
My turbo levo fsr 2018 has a rockshox revelation fork. I can look up the fork on the rockshox site using the serial number. According to the site my fork is type FS-RVL-RC-A1.
I want to upgrade to the charger2 rct3 damper. The revelation fork that is compatible to the damper according to rockshox is type B1/2018.

Yes it is, take a look here:
RockShox Charger 2 RCT3 Damper Upgrade Kit for the 2018 Revelation fork - EMTB Forums

Karsten

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
The 2018 Pike and Revelation shares the exact same chassis and only difference is the internals. If you upgrade your air spring to the new Debonair and damper unit to the Charger 2 you will have a Pike fork.

Karsten

Fuellerr

May 9, 2019
USA
I wounder if this is worth it my forks on my 2018 Levo SUCK I can't believe SRAM continues to put out such crap forks just like their Guide brakes

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe

Avalanche Downhill Racing has an open bath cartridge for your fork, which will come specifically tuned for you, your bike, and your riding style. I have one in my 2016 Fox 36. Plan on spending extra money to get your rear shock tuned as well; once you experience custom-tuned one-size-fits all suspension doesn’t feel good.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Look into the Yari up, as it will also fit your Rev. Vorgespring or Debonair for the air side would be good, as would additionally a MRP ramp control or SD components DVC.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You will need the 2021 version of this spare parts catalogue, but this will show you what to look for.

From the index at the front of the catalogue see page 206. It shows the overlap between the Pike and the Revelation forks and gives the part number of the Charger damper that you need for your Revelation fork.

I have done this conversion. My fork was a RockShox Revelation RC Debonair spring with Motion Control damper. I added the appropriate Charger 2.1 damper in place of the Motion Control damper and converted it to a Pike Ultimate RCT3. The only problem I incurred was the retailers selling the Charger kits had dreadful labelling of what the fork would fit. Several retailers (across the UK and Europe) had exactly the same error, so I concluded that the error was down to Rockshox. The key is the part number!

I sold the old MC damper on eBay in less than 24 hours.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My Revelation RC already has a Debonair spring. Do I need the same or different upgrade kit to convert to a Pike RCT3?
Much later answer: The debonair spring is in the air side (left) and has no impact upon what damper you choose to fit in the right leg. To convert the Rev to a Pike does require the Debonair spring though. The Debonair upgrade kit is a separate piece of kit which can be added before, at the same time, or later.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles