RockShox Charger 2 RCT3 Damper Upgrade Kit for the 2018 Revelation fork

Levon

Feb 16, 2019
N CALIFORNIA
Did you guys who did the Charger 2 damper upgrade find you had lockout capability with the new Charger kit?

I have a 2019 Expert / Pike RC and although it has a lockout lever for damper, it doesn't do anything.

I am hoping the Charger 2 kit will fix this. The fork bobs like crazy on climbs.

Cheers!
L

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Did you guys who did the Charger 2 damper upgrade find you had lockout capability with the new Charger kit?

I have a 2019 Expert / Pike RC and although it has a lockout lever for damper, it doesn't do anything.

I am hoping the Charger 2 kit will fix this. The fork bobs like crazy on climbs.

Cheers!
L
The upgrade doesn't provide a full lockout, but there are certainly 3 distinct levels of platform, and the firm settings certainly gets rid of any bob.

Levon

Feb 16, 2019
N CALIFORNIA
Yaar, thanks MarkH , this is good to hear....not expecting full lockout. "Distinct " I like.

Oddly, i haven't seen this Pike inoperable lockout issue mentioned anywhere and neither Specialized, RockShox or 2 big time Levo dealers have any explanation....Why have a lockout lever if it does nothing...?

Onward!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

Many thanks for posting this @Swissrob I found it very useful. I have a few questions in case you or someone else can answer or comment.

I have a Revelation RC on a 29er with 150 travel. Boost. It already has the Debonair spring. It came on my 2019 bike that I picked up new in Jan this year.

The website linked to above says the upgrade kits are suitable for travel up to 170mm. The SRAM website for Revelation spares and upgrade kits talks of up to 160mm.
The website also quotes the SRAM code of 00.4018.###.### whereas the SRAM website quotes 00.4020.###.###

Is the website selling off old kit? Hence the cheap prices and the different SRAM codes? Will they still fit? Or must I look for the upgrade kits beginning with 00.4020.

It also says for Revelation forks up to 2018. I'm assuming that covers my 2019 bike, but the SRAM website quotes 2018-2020 forks, which is where I got my codes.

Mavik

Jan 4, 2019
Malaysia
I just noticed that some websites (I found one on WorldWideCyclery) are starting to sell the Rochshox Charger Damper 2.1 for the Revelation. Very very tempted to get them or perhaps wait for the black friday sales for it.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have the 2019 version of the Revelation. This one has the Debonair spring.

Despite setting the % sag where I wanted, I had been experiencing low amounts of travel; typically 50% vs 90-95% on the shock. In addition, the fork felt a bit hard. I removed the single token that is in the 150mm travel fork and the difference in performance was quite gratifying. The travel is now up, the fork feels less harsh and yet it still ramps up nicely when required.

I had been thinking about fitting the Charger, but I'll definitely hold off for a good while longer, maybe not even bother.:)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles