Rockrider e-st900 tyre recommendations.

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
Will need new tyres soon. I don’t do anything fancy or technical. Mainly forest paths, the beach, canal tow paths, etc.

the Hutchinson Kolos, at £55 each, have been ok for my needs, but does anyone recommend any other tubeless ready tyres for the e-st900?

AlexR

Oct 10, 2020
Portugal
I’m riding heavy enduro Maxxis and Specialized tires, not really the best for your current riding stuff. I do like Vittoria XC tires. 2x Mezcal or Barzo front + Mezcal rear, in TNT casing. Good traction, durable and also, very important, good rolling resistance.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Very happy with vittoria e-agarro. You can read about it in other dedicated thread

Last edited:

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
The Hutchinson Taipan Koloss lasted almost 6 months and needed changing, especially the rear.

I’ve opted for Contenental Cross Kings (Black Chili compound 27.5x2.8). Firstly because I think they’ll suit my style of riding and the terrain I use. Secondly, the price; £23 each. And thirdly, if I’m only going to get 6 months out of a pair, I’ll be changing them for something else in the Summer!

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
Hi everybody,
I'm new on this forum and found a lot of interesting advices on it, already.
I bought my bike 2 weeks ago and was inspired by some of Bebiker's modifications: 38 tooth chainring, stem, rear fender and ... Bikespeed RS. Have you suffered any punctures with the original taipan? I'm considering buying some schwalbe nobby nic, front and rear as "allround" tyres.

Last edited:

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
hi. are you still enjoying your agarro tyres ? I hesitate a bit between the new Nobby Nic and yours.
Hi Gary,
Fitted my 900 with Maxxis Ardent 27.5" x 2.40 and am more than happy with them. Best thing about them though is that my wheel now drops nicely into my wall bracket with a small flick of the handlebars. With the original tyres fitted, I had to push the wall bracket over the wheel by hand.

4.png

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
Hi Gary,
Fitted my 900 with Maxxis Ardent 27.5" x 2.40 and am more than happy with them. Best thing about them though is that my wheel now drops nicely into my wall bracket with a small flick of the handlebars. With the original tyres fitted, I had to push the wall bracket over the wheel by hand.

View attachment 57996
Thank you. I will add these for comparison.

neilski

Mar 18, 2021
United Kingdom
Is it just me or are the original tyres hard to get off? I have tried levers but can't even seem to get down between the rim and the tyre. Am i missing something? never had a problem with tyres like this before.

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
Is it just me or are the original tyres hard to get off? I have tried levers but can't even seem to get down between the rim and the tyre. Am i missing something? never had a problem with tyres like this before.
If the tires were initially tubeless fitted I would say they might have applied a kind of sealant. I have already heard about that before on the Belgian Décathlon website

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
Using the bike almost all on tarmac and a bit of gravel have switched to Schwalbe Super Moto-X 2.8s, quieter, smoother rolling AND the annoying metallic noise than can from the motor are at around 25 KMH has gone completely, must have been some sort of resonance from the original tyres.

9E33D910-6430-4A27-913D-81CDF28DE387.jpeg

silles

Mar 5, 2022
spain
need new rears, just after 800km. lol.
Not happy with the stock tires. way to wobbly and getting a loads of punctures from thorns.

thinking about Maxxis 27.5x2.6" reckon. for light trail/xc riding. (+asphalt to get there)
anyone used them?

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
need new rears, just after 800km. lol.
Not happy with the stock tires. way to wobbly and getting a loads of punctures from thorns.

thinking about Maxxis 27.5x2.6" reckon. for light trail/xc riding. (+asphalt to get there)
anyone used them?
I'm running Maxxis Ardent, front and rear. Much better than the original tyres.
Rear is still tubeless, but I've now put a slime inner tube in the front. You need a high pressure pump when going tubeless, which I don't have.
Tyres are way better on mud and wet grass. Would recommend.

PXL_20220709_181400638.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles