Rockrider E-st 900 changes upgrades

MLI

May 27, 2021
Hrvatska
Hello guys,
My e-st900 will be delivered in 5 days.
For family bikes i use Thule ProRide 598. Today i realized that maybe that bike will be impossible to fit the mid "arm" of that Thule.
Did you have a chance to test that bike rack or maybe share what do you use for travel? Also, is it possible to tell me the weight of the battery itself?

598 should be OK, bottom tube on est900 is 7,5cm wide and 598 goes up to 8,something.

Also est900 in size L without battery is 19.92kg which is OK for 598 as it goes up to 20kg.

Battery is 3kg.

20210512_170959.jpg

Last edited:

Glamavia

Jun 11, 2021
Bulgaria
Thanks MLI !
Is it 19.92kg with inner tube or converted to tubeless ?

I will post pictures after the first tests (if someday somehow it stops raining).

MLI

May 27, 2021
Hrvatska
Thanks MLI !
Is it 19.92kg with inner tube or converted to tubeless ?

I will post pictures after the first tests (if someday somehow it stops raining).

Is it 19.92kg with inner tubes on both wheels.

I had one failed attempt to converted to tubeless so I have to try again and regarding that does anyone has some good tips n tricks for converting to tubeless on original tyres and rims. On my first attempt I couldn't get the tyres to inflate even with compressor because too much air was escaping...

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
Put the tyres on with innertube initially. Then break seal on one side only. Remove tube, insert t/l valve and inflate with CO2 cannister.

After the bead has ‘popped’. Deflate, remove valve core and add your sealant. Now you can use a track pump to re-inflate!

Glamavia

Jun 11, 2021
Bulgaria
Well, i have it. Went on a test ride yesterday and the bike is good. Yet, there is some strange metallic noise. Its almost like brake disk is rubbing on brake pads but happens from time to time, on high torque or high speeds. Any of you have that sound, or maybe its normal sound from the Brose motor?
Also, i can confirm that it comes with the new color display, Brose Allround. There is an option to connect to bluetooth. Any idea what app should i download?
Another question is about the fork, on bottom side, right arm there is a switch that regulates rebound, it doubles as allen key. I'm afraid that it will be lost after couple of jumps. Any insight of that ?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The strange noise seems to happen to everybody, "bruit métallique" is all around on internet, people say it's the rear brakes.
iirc the "decathlon" remedy is: come to service center and we will...
I did nothing, it went away after +-500km
Mine had it when fast accellerating + cornering.

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
The strange noise seems to happen to everybody, "bruit métallique" is all around on internet, people say it's the rear brakes.
iirc the "decathlon" remedy is: come to service center and we will...
I did nothing, it went away after +-500km
Mine had it when fast accellerating + cornering.
+1 same mostly on cornering

Glamavia

Jun 11, 2021
Bulgaria
So, any idea what's causing that metallic noise ?
Edit: i found info that it must be the torque of the rear axle. Will try to tighten it more.

Last edited:

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
I have an intermittent metallic noise that can come on the straight as well as on a corner. I've not really investigated it, as many others seem to have it.
Not done anything with my forks other than I lock them on tarmac and unlock them when going offroad. However, my adjuster on the bottom of the right hand fork is still there after riding the bike for about 1 year now.
With regards to the display, I would say that yours is the newest addition to this thread and would guess that we do not have the same display as yours. Might see if I can Google one now and see what cost it is...

Edit: Oof, £199. Think I'll be waiting until I fall off mine and break my display. :)

PDF Manual:

Last edited:

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
I am not an expert in mechanics but I think it would be a friction due to a centrifugal force (high speed or high torque demand) or a poorly fixed mechanical part that rubs on something when inclined (noise present without load cornering) A great mystery. If it is a design flaw and the modification does not cost too much, there is hope but as reported the noises are still there after inspection. Until now, I've never seen any fix on youtube yet.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Edit: Oof, £199. Think I'll be waiting until I fall off mine and break my display. :)

I'm going to microwave my old display, hope they replace it in warranty with a new one :)

"All displays have ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity and are therefore ready to upgrade with additional features or apps."

ANT+, that's about time. I hope they will work wit Garmin 830 for speed, torque, cadance,...

Last edited:

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
I'm going to microwave my old display, hope they replace it in warranty with a new one :)

"All displays have ANT+ and Bluetooth connectivity and are therefore ready to upgrade with additional features or apps."

ANT+, that's about time. I hope they will work wit Garmin 830 for speed, torque, cadance,...
Defrost, cook or grill ? ?

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
It's supposed to work with Fantic if you look at the App in Playstore.
one reviewer states that it doesn't though.
It's a free download, so nothing to lose if this is the display you have.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Battery not charged in the morning ???
Suddenly the charger doesn't work anymore !!!
The Led indicator on the charger also doesn't lit anymore.
The "charging" bargraph on the battery does nothing.
On the 2nd battery: same effect.

Their "solution": Bring the bike + battery + charger, we have a delay for the warranty diagnostic of +1 week, then we will order a new charger.
So I just want to buy and pay a second charger. ---> no stock, delay 2 weeks.

I think my Decathlon Rockrider E-st900 story ends here.
Let's see how their "Free Payback till 365 days" works.

screencapture-decathlon-be-nl-checkout-shipping-2021-06-16-10_51_41.png

Last edited:

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
Not good. I don't use the Decathlon shop and not been in for a service, as the nearest store is over a 2 hour drive for myself.
Hope you get it sorted, as your input and upgrades on this model of bike has been really helpful.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Well there seems to exist a weaker charger, 36V 2A, for the more "budget" E-st500 (8527799)

My 36V 4A charger (8555706) is marketed as compatible with the E-ST 100 / 500 / 900 Elops 900/920 so my double-reverse logic says the weaker charger wil not cause problems on my bike.
They even market my 504Wh battery for the E-st100 (380Wh) st500 (420Wh) without advising my stronger 4A charger, so...

As always, the online shop stock is wrong, available nowhere.
Except this one can be ordered online, DELIVERY 19/06/2021 !!!

screencapture-decathlon-be-nl-checkout-shipping-2021-06-16-12_59_58.jpg

Last edited:

Glamavia

Jun 11, 2021
Bulgaria
Today i took the bike for a proper ride. Im impressed but confused. I started to hear spokes rattling when stopping. Louder from the rear tire, and less from the front. Is this normal?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Yes, never did it before. Watched a Youtube video and GO !

The main trick is:
1) first tighten them all to some minimum tension.
2) then make corrections to pull your wheel straight.
3) then tighten the others to some higher tension.
4) go to 2) til it's ok.

I think I did 4 iterations.

I didn't use the tension checker at every spoke.
After a while I got it "in my fingers" and used the tool sometimes on some spokes to re-calibrate my fingers :)

Last edited:

Glamavia

Jun 11, 2021
Bulgaria
Saturday i went to Decathlon with the bike. I spoke with the guys responsible for the bicycles and their opinion was that when the disc brakes were installed the disc was contaminated with oil and thats the reason the rear spokes rattle when stopping?!?!!

I left the bike there and will wait until friday, if the problem is not solved will return it. Odometer says 30km...

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
Saturday i went to Decathlon with the bike. I spoke with the guys responsible for the bicycles and their opinion was that when the disc brakes were installed the disc was contaminated with oil and thats the reason the rear spokes rattle when stopping?!?!!

I left the bike there and will wait until friday, if the problem is not solved will return it. Odometer says 30km...
Don't you remember if it smelled like weed or something like that ?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
...the disc was contaminated with oil and thats the reason the rear spokes rattle when stopping?!?!!

Strange event, that oil, and stange logic they brew on that...

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
So I got the weaker 2A charger, works fine, full charge is approx. 5 hours.
The weight is considerably less than the 4A, so much better in the backpack.

After numerous calls, tickets, mails,... at shops and support service, I finally found somebody at the national support center who promised to immediately ship a new 4A charger in warranty.
Then... no more answer, no emails,... seems to be sick suddenly.

So I went to the shop, showed the broken 4A charger,... he tests it on a battery he has, the guy opens a closet and takes a new 4A charger from a pile of ten !!!
Incredible all this...

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I regulary visit that Decathlon shop, first time in a year I see the E-st900 there.

Could it be a returned bike?
There's plenty of grease on the chainring, has the old HMI, has a bike stand bolted on,...

20210621_141904.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles