Rockrider E-st 900 changes upgrades

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Hi there bebiker
it's a totally different ride power wise
The one thing I'm waiting for is the Bosch Nyon retrofit for the bike which give you the flexibility to finely tune your power out also mapping and all the usual fitness stuff, and your able to update the motor software saves having your moblie strapped to the bike
I love the rockerider so easy to get on with
But I wise we had the capability of updating the Brose software locally
I've got my little box attached to motor to adjust the mph if needed, but not bothering with the Cube for the time being, got to get used to riding off road first :)
How are you getting on with your bike

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Still very fine, Lube the chain sometimes, no more upgrades possible.
I still hope someday Decathlon will release a full-suspension frame.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Still very fine, Lube the chain sometimes, no more upgrades possible.
I still hope someday Decathlon will release a full-suspension frame.
Strange how they've not done so considering the bike market is and still getting stronger
I can't believe it when I look at YT vids how many makes there are

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
Mines still performing well now, over nearly 2 years.
We went out for a ride this morning and used about 1 bar. I'll use the assist on steep hilly sections, but switch it off as soon as I'm back on the flats.
Also trying out a Cadence Sensor on my crank arm, just to see how it logs rides on my Garmin app to help me stay in a sensible heart rate for my old age 😁

Screenshot_20220326-142222.png

Screenshot_20220326-151647.png

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
Just about to hit 3000 miles this week. 20 months old. 3 sets of tyres, 2 chains, 2 cassettes plus 2 other 9 & 10 speed cogs.

I’m now getting 38-40 miles out of the battery instead of 48+ when new. But I do have the power level on mode 2 permanently and a Bikespeed RS fitted.

Since Covid & Brexit the availability of spares from Decathlon is woeful. Batteries, chargers, cassettes, chains, brake pads etc seem to be never in stock.in fact, half the spares they used to sell aren’t listed!

GBR66

Mar 6, 2022
UK
Just about to hit 3000 miles this week. 20 months old. 3 sets of tyres, 2 chains, 2 cassettes plus 2 other 9 & 10 speed cogs.

I’m now getting 38-40 miles out of the battery instead of 48+ when new. But I do have the power level on mode 2 permanently and a Bikespeed RS fitted.

Since Covid & Brexit the availability of spares from Decathlon is woeful. Batteries, chargers, cassettes, chains, brake pads etc seem to be never in stock.in fact, half the spares they used to sell aren’t listed!
Do you like the Bikespeed RS?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
True, but remember there are 4 Decathlons.
-the one on the phone: no we don't have it.
-online: what a mess. Corresponds never to the real stock.
-The stock in the shop.
-The stock in tech.shop.

Our shop has chargers and wheels available in the tech department, most of the time tel/store/online tells you the inverse.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
For me: 180 to 203 didn't change a lot. It doesn't brake better, just keeps on braking a littlebit longer.

The right adapters are on sale everywhere, no need to experiment with thermoplastics.

Last edited:

fab_v

Apr 12, 2022
italy
How does it feel compared to original - given same caliper? Love the innovation.
Compared to the original, the braking is obviously more powerful. could be better. unfortunately the whole is penalized by a not so high performance caliper. it was worth a try, given the low cost of the disc (amazon 25 €). I am evaluating the possibility of mounting a double piston caliper.

crunchie

Mar 31, 2022
uk
How do you get the chainring off when at this stage?
Do I need a special tool? I can’t tell how the “spider” is attached

FEFD864F-6A5D-4013-AC37-E95882BC8497.jpeg

RonnieX

Jul 3, 2020
Northwest
You’ll need a SuperB TB1069 tool to remove your chainring.
There are several thoughts on this:-

1. buy the tool, albeit not cheap.
2. pay a bike shop to do it.
3. use brute force on the original chainring.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
You don't have to.
Remove the 4 bolts of the chainring.
Turn the chainring around and force somewhat, till it's over the 4-leg cross.

You didn't have to remove your pedal either.

silles

Mar 5, 2022
spain
first puncture today(actually 2, both :joy), bl**dy sealed tire took 3 hours to break
anyways.

I might have lost a washer when removing the real axle.
Could someone tell me how many are there and on which side if only 1 ???

Cheers.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Today I finally installed the 10-80V -> double usb adapter.
Connected directly to the 36v battery cables.

My night spots draw >1A per piece. Works fine, both.
When the bike automatically shuts down, this 36v is shut down also.
So there is no standby battery draining.

10-v-80-v-waterproof-electric-bicycle-moto_main-0_470x.jpg

This T6 Led night light works on a battery 8.4V, but reaches it's maximum intensity before 5V (buck inside)
Works fine !

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

steven_it

May 6, 2022
Italy

Hi sorry I bought the st-e520 but the controller seems to detect the magnet cheat and make the motor stop every 5-10 kilometers, that's after a Brose software update (had I know I would have never let them do it), there is a fix or do you know suitable controller/display to replace?

fab_v

Apr 12, 2022
italy
Hi,
Sorry to reply a bit late but aren't you afraid using a PETG adapter instead of a aluminium one ? I mounted 4 pistons shimano calipers with 203mm formula rotors and the braking power is quite high.
166 / 5.000
Risultati della traduzione

Hello, for a 4-piston caliper I also advise against using the petg. for the original it seems to be fine. by now I have tried it on all types of terrain and slopes

Flipper

May 28, 2022
Spain
It's a nice CHANGES UPGRADES.
My congratulations, I hope you enjoy it and keep us informed.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Good idea. Here you have it :)

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
Time for a new chain again, and a new pulley set for the derailleur.

Rear derailleur version: medium (GS)
View attachment 90031

View attachment 90032
Big difference there between old and new. Think I'd best check mine.
Ordered a new Slime inner tube for my bike today. I've been running tubeless for over a year now, but seemed to have picked up a front puncture Thursday night. Noticed it yesterday when unloading my bike out of the van, after returning home from working away from home.
Pumped it back up, but was flat again this morning. Went to 2 local Halfords and neither had a compressor for doing tubeless.
I'll use my 520 tomorrow instead. Ordered a tube now, so I can do it myself and not rely on shops.

eph3

Nov 13, 2021
Germany
Here are some mods my wife and I made to our E-ST 900s. We live in southern Germany at the base of the Black Forest. A lot of steep forest roads with loose gravel.

Wife's:
-I built up a set of 26 inch wheels, she's short & didn't enjoy the lack of clearance. Running 26x2.4" Nobby Nics tubeless. I'm on the same tire in 27.5". Much better than the stock tires!

Both:
-Cube brand rear racks, slight mod for the bridge mount, just a little L bracket. There are probably better track solutions, but these work ok.
-XLC rear mud guards mounted to the bottom of the rack.
-3d printed bottle cage holders on the battery pack.
-KS Dropper posts with external cable routing (internal routing won't quite work past the motor).
-Ergo grips.
-4 piston Tektro Orion front calipers.
-203mm front rotors.
-Hidden Apple airtags for anti-theft.
-Kyptonite brand folding locks.
-Katana V-Grip Bar Ends mounted inboard of the grips for more hand positions.
-Simple front mud guards, may switch to something bigger.

We also each have another full wheelset with Schwable Ben Ben 27.5x2.0" touring tires (with cassettes & rotors mounted for quick swaps). The range is well over 120km on eco and mostly flat roads with these wheels/tires.
PXL_20220626_061038348.jpg
PXL_20220626_061100140.jpg
PXL_20220626_061053758.jpg
PXL_20220626_061044327.jpg
PXL_20220626_061113186.jpg
PXL_20220626_061126957.jpg
PXL_20220626_061219251.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles