Rock stuck in suspension arms

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Heard a odd sound on the trail today couldn’t find out what was wrong..

When I got home I found this… it’s wedged in there good..

I’m on a road trip but might try removing the rear shock and slacking the suspension.. thoughts.. no way it’s coming out the bottom..

3482A2F1-E7D1-47B2-8C99-B563AB813797.jpeg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Heard a odd sound on the trail today couldn’t find out what was wrong..

When I got home I found this… it’s wedged in there good..

I’m on a road trip but might try removing the rear shock and slacking the suspension.. thoughts.. no way it’s coming out the bottom..

View attachment 88609

Can't you just poke a screwdriver or pencil in the gap underneath the stone and wriggle it upwards into the wider gap, and then out?

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
Got it out. Used a small screw flat head and was able to push it sidewise and upwards while someone jumped up and down on the suspension.

It sure chewed up the metal in there pretty good.. Hopefully, this is just a 1:million to have the right size rock just jump in there.. I had actually thought on the trail I had either a broke crank or a suspension bolt loose. Not sure why I didn't see that rock but glad its fixed.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
That gap is a real design problem and has been for years. I pad it out with two bits of closed cell foam cut from a sleeping mat so stones, sticks and mud don't jam it up.

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
Got it out. Used a small screw flat head and was able to push it sidewise and upwards while someone jumped up and down on the suspension.

It sure chewed up the metal in there pretty good.. Hopefully, this is just a 1:million to have the right size rock just jump in there.. I had actually thought on the trail I had either a broke crank or a suspension bolt loose. Not sure why I didn't see that rock but glad its fixed.
I got rock behind the shock and frame, messed up the shock pretty bad 🥺

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles