RM Instinct Powerplay IWOC not connecting?

rider400

Dec 14, 2020
USA
Just picked up a RM Instinct Powerplay and was having trouble getting the 'ebikemotion' to connect to the bike? I've loaded and then deleted the app several times trying to get the app the recognize my bike to no avail. Asked the lbs and nobody knows??? Any feed back on this would be appreciated. PS - I've watched the videos on youtube, several time.

Cuddles

Apr 22, 2020
North Vancouver
sorry if too obvious, but I noticed that my app almost never finds my bike without going into settings and then hitting the "connect new bike" tag - took me a bit to figure out because I thought that was meant for the app to recognize a different bike than the one I always ride. The apps a joke; the only reason I ever turn it on is to get a sense of the charge level.

rider400

Dec 14, 2020
USA
sorry if too obvious, but I noticed that my app almost never finds my bike without going into settings and then hitting the "connect new bike" tag - took me a bit to figure out because I thought that was meant for the app to recognize a different bike than the one I always ride. The apps a joke; the only reason I ever turn it on is to get a sense of the charge level.
Yes, I've gone to the settings and made sure the bike is sync'd to the app. Still can't figure out what is going on....can't get the app to record each ride??? The app is pretty much JUNK and I don't know how RM can justify running with that set up when their bikes are so good.??
Just sticking with Strava on my phone and one of the cheapest bike computers on the market and life is ?.

Cuddles

Apr 22, 2020
North Vancouver
yep; me too - life and os always in Beta; might also consider if the "updates" have been done and if whatever software update your running is consistent with the app on you phone; - this is dumb; talking about software on a bike site! . . . ?

Brucifer

Sep 22, 2020
Golden BC
I contacted mahle the makers of the ebikemoton app. They are experiencing server issues and hope to have the problem sorted out eventually.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles