RIP Orbea WILD FS h20

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
The alloy chainstays commonly crack on the Orbea Wild frames, so much so that Orbea sends you a free carbon upgrade if it does.
And when you compare the alloy version to the carbon version it's easy to see why.

The carbon chainstay is so much beefier and stronger looking in the exact spot the alloy ones crack. Almost makes me wonder why Orbea continues to use the alloy ones without a redesign.

But with that said Orbea seems to be warranting all of them so they are standing behind the product.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I really hope all this is sorted on the 2022 model

I tend to buy things after they've been out for a while. You usually pay less and buy something that is generally a known. For example - just before or just after the new model has been released. With cars and motorbikes I've waited till they're near the end of their run.

Addendum: do you know about the battery charging problem that appears to be unique with the rise? It's an orbea charger and orbea battery - not limited to just the aluminium model.

Last edited:

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have already bought one as have others so without being rude it really doesnt matter if you would or wouldnt buy one
This is a forum where we can learn. Many here are doing their research on what to buy. The rise in particular is pretty expensive, even for an emtb. At the least I think this is a pretty good "heads up" if you're in the market for a new bike. More so when you consider what looks like another issue unique with the orbea rise - losing battery charge while the charger is still plugged in but not charging (orbea charger and battery).

Mar 10, 2022
United Kingdom
The alloy chainstays commonly crack on the Orbea Wild frames, so much so that Orbea sends you a free carbon upgrade if it does.
And when you compare the alloy version to the carbon version it's easy to see why.

The carbon chainstay is so much beefier and stronger looking in the exact spot the alloy ones crack. Almost makes me wonder why Orbea continues to use the alloy ones without a redesign.

But with that said Orbea seems to be warranting all of them so they are standing behind the product.
Again I hope they have sorted the stays on the 2022 model as they claim to have fixed the other issues.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Again I hope they have sorted the stays on the 2022 model as they claim to have fixed the other issues.

We have a 2022 model at the shop I work at, they are the same as the 2021. With that said it doesn't mean they will all crack. You have to keep in mind that Orbea is a big manufacture and have made a ton of Wild FS's.

But it's nice knowing that if it does you get a nice upgrade. From what I've seen the only reason people haven't gotten a carbon upgrade is the whole frame was replaced, or I know that there's been one case on this forum where the customer got an alloy but thought it was because the shop had one and kept the carbon one that Orbea would have sent.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
We’ve been looking at a Rise for my other half, this certainly doesn’t give me much confidence in their frames o_O:confused:
My Rise (carbon) takes an absolute battering and is absolutely fine. Remember, the Rise and Wild are different frame designs and have significant weight difference...

Ronnieutah

Apr 28, 2022
USA
Looks extremely familiar. Should be hearing from Orbea in a few days. 3 weeks into the warranty process.

0404221657a.jpg

Ronnieutah

Apr 28, 2022
USA
Sorry are you saying that you haven't heard from Orbea in 3 weeks in regards to your warranty?
I purchased through Jensonusa and went through Jensonusa for the warranty. Jensonusa is in contact with Orbea and said Orbea will contact us in the next few days. I started the warranty process 3 weeks ago.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I purchased through Jensonusa and went through Jensonusa for the warranty. Jensonusa is in contact with Orbea and said Orbea will contact us in the next few days. I started the warranty process 3 weeks ago.

I hate to say it but that's why I always suggest people support their local dealers. The warranty procedure with Orbea is really easy, they have basically a live chat directly with Orbea. I had my RMA within 3 days from Orbea.

Ronnieutah

Apr 28, 2022
USA
I hate to say it but that's why I always suggest people support their local dealers. The warranty procedure with Orbea is really easy, they have basically a live chat directly with Orbea. I had my RMA within 3 days from Orbea.
That's awesome! At the time no lbs had any bikes in stock. I always try to shop local for sure!

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
2 things about orbea. They offer good parts as opposite to other brands, but their workmaship is on level zero, frames are cracking like no others out there. I would cerainly not buy Orbea ever again.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
The Wild FS H20

It looks like it's only the alloy frames and rear triangles with issues. After receiving my carbon replacement frame and directly comparing it to my alloy frame it's easy to see why. That carbon frames have a much stronger and beefier construction in the the spots where the alloy frames are failing.

Ronnieutah

Apr 28, 2022
USA
It looks like it's only the alloy frames and rear triangles with issues. After receiving my carbon replacement frame and directly comparing it to my alloy frame it's easy to see why. That carbon frames have a much stronger and beefier construction in the the spots where the alloy frames are failing.
I'm hoping to get the carbon upgrade!

Mar 10, 2022
United Kingdom
Mine should be ready for the weekend, my mate added hope brakes to match the cranks and carbon wheels are going to be fitted.
The fox 34 will be swapped back for the orig 38 but I might actually put a red lyrik on there in stead I am not a huge fan of the FOX 38 (for sale now). New super deluxe rear shock to come and some narrower tires, the bike feels clumsy with 2.6's to me.

279579289_661045288328305_4152655590297928260_n.jpeg

Ronnieutah

Apr 28, 2022
USA
I believe that's the same 2022 frame they will be sending to me. No issues with the 2021 components fitting in the 2022 frame?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Yeah I did have my mechanic ask, but was denied.

I still don’t understand how or why that happened. I can’t remember but did they just contact the local Orbea rep and ask them or contact Orbea directly and ask Orbea?

I contacted Orbea directly and had zero push back from them, they were happy to oblige.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles