Levo SL Gen 1 rim and tire size on levo sl.

rda

Mar 19, 2022
indiana
picking up levo sl soon. search here looks like max size you'd want to go on rear is 2.6. haven't found anything on if you get much battery penalty by going up. i have a carbon i35 wheelset with i9 hubs that i was thinking about running on the new bike. i know tires are pretty subjective subject, but if i could get a few recommendations to look at it would be a place to start. or just stick with stock tires? are they any good? what about the stock rims and hubs? i'm thinking my carbon set would be a nice upgrade even if i stay with the stock tires on them.

rda

Mar 19, 2022
indiana
got the bike last night. took tire off of front rim and also off of my carbon rim from the stache. weight is almost identical, carbon rim was only .04 lbs lighter. probably because the carbon is i35 and the roval is i30. i know from experience with the stache that the carbons were a huge upgrade though due to the stiffness. the bike rolled and handled so much better. the stache comes stock with flexy not so great rims though. How good are the rovals? wondering if i should just leave them on since it will most likely be easier to sell the stache with the carbon rims left on.

rda

Mar 19, 2022
indiana
thanks all, i ended up just putting the carbons on with the stock tires. put the rovals on the stache for sale. probably will change tires later. the tires seem ok as far as i can tell. wouldn't mind going bigger on the front though. what are some good options that roll as good or better then the stock ones?

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
I'm getting the stock Expert. I assume the stock wheels will be okay best...hopefully durable at least. The hubs are not great either so no point rebuilding using them. May as well get a new wheelset eventually. I'll likely get Chris King or Onyx hubs and some carbon rims in that 28-30 internal width. I am not sure which rims yet...need to research those. I don't like super stiff carbon rims so will try to find some in 28x28 or 32x32 that have a little compliance in them and use thinner spokes that just DT Comps or similar.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles