Riding in Hampshire UK

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Hi guys!

Just wondering who is here in Hampshire and where do you like to go? If anyone would like to meet up and go for rides give us a shout always up for a trip out and meet new people!

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Hampshire is a big place, wherabouts exactly are you ?? I'm on the South Coast in Fareham. Most of my rides are local bridleways, typically 20 mile loops. I've gone as far as Winchester/Meon Valley and also Stoughton/South Downs Way in West Sussex. For downhill trails try QECP about ten minutes up the A3 from Portsmouth.

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Hampshire is a big place, wherabouts exactly are you ?? I'm on the South Coast in Fareham. Most of my rides are local bridleways, typically 20 mile loops. I've gone as far as Winchester/Meon Valley and also Stoughton/South Downs Way in West Sussex. For downhill trails try QECP about ten minutes up the A3 from Portsmouth.
I’m based just outside of Andover locally there are good XC runs and old railways ect but usually swinley forest QE ect is the places we go haven’t done much winchEster way though?

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
I’m over by Havant. QECP is my haunt and I often loop stoughton and the South Downs. I’ve ridden round Stockbridge area and Winchester and been out in the new forest. Hampshire is not overly hilly but it is varied and fun!

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
I go out with a really good group every thursday evening for a night ride at qecp i'm the only ebike be nice to have some others join in lol! also lots of other rides planned around hampshire/west sussex surrey area

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
I’m over by Havant. QECP is my haunt and I often loop stoughton and the South Downs. I’ve ridden round Stockbridge area and Winchester and been out in the new forest. Hampshire is not overly hilly but it is varied and fun!
Yeah we make do with the places we have! Be interesting to see if we could get a group ride going I’m looking at getting as many together to do a couple of trips next year like Bike Park Wales ect would be interesting!

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
I go out with a really good group every thursday evening for a night ride at qecp i'm the only ebike be nice to have some others join in lol! also lots of other rides planned around hampshire/west sussex surrey area
For sure have to let us know times ect maybe I can get a couple to go for a ride there!

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
The group is called "mtbfanatics" have a look on Facebook run but a guy called mike he lives in Portsmouth and theres an events section with up coming planned rides with dates and times etc....
Spot on I’ll take a look mate cheers about an hour from me but always up for new runs!

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
id happily join for a night ride but probably need some lights to limit risk. What time do you rv at QECP on a Thursday?

dreads6

Mar 25, 2019
United Kingdom
id happily join for a night ride but probably need some lights to limit risk. What time do you rv at QECP on a Thursday?
We meet at 5:45 in the car park and ride off at 6pm not sure if I'm going tonight yet as got a fair bit of work on today, but if/when you fancy it let me know and I'll be there to say Hi ?

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
I’ll have to come down at some point when the weathers better and I get a Friday off as it’s a fair travel!
I’m in Basingstoke often ride out at weekends with 4 others if you fancy meeting up sometime? Have some nice off road local loops up my sleeve though a little muddy in places at MO ! Give me a shout if you ever fancy a ride out this way

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
I’m in Basingstoke often ride out at weekends with 4 others if you fancy meeting up sometime? Have some nice off road local loops up my sleeve though a little muddy in places at MO ! Give me a shout if you ever fancy a ride out this way
Sounds good mate I’d be up for that! Ahh what’s a little mud ?

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
I’ll give you a shout when we get out next usually a Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon we are just off of jct 7 m3 so easy for you to get to us ??
Awesome yeah let me know mate happy to join and do some exploring! Look forward to it!

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
Hi guys, picked up my Levo last week! I'm near QECP. Do you guys still meet up for a ride and would you be up for me tagging along?
Congratulations! I presume you have already racked up some miles on it?
I get up to qecp on mine every now and then but refraining from doing anything too sketchy for fear of a trip to A&E.... what routes do you ride ? I might see you up there.
enjoy!
Andy

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
Cheers ?

Covered about 80miles so far, just riding the local area. Been riding QECP loops (inc the over the back stuff) and then over to Ditcham Park and also the hangers.

Yes ditto! Missing the downhills but agreed, better places to be than a&e at the moment!

Good stuff, cheers ?
A really good route is QECP to Harting down, then over to Stoughton, then loop back -north or south -to your start point..... great combination of track, technicality, distance and Climbing.....
for me from havant it is about 30miles, but easily 45miles if you wish... but still within battery range.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
A really good route is QECP to Harting down, then over to Stoughton, then loop back -north or south -to your start point..... great combination of track, technicality, distance and Climbing.....
for me from havant it is about 30miles, but easily 45miles if you wish... but still within battery range.

Sounds great cheers - I'll have a look and figure out the route on the Garmin ?

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire
Hi all, I am setting an eMtnBike club up (could be national - but certainly keen for it to grow in Hampshire / New Forest). I have got a web site up and running, and that allows a ride to be organised, and limited number of other riders to sign up for it. I like riding locally in the New Forest etc / Purbeck Hills / Isle of Wight - but am keen to: go to Surrey Hills; get up north and do more knarly rides in the Peaks / Yorkshire / Scotland / Wales. The club is brand new and needs founding members to kick things off. My bike is broken at the moment, but will hopefully be fixed shortly when I will start to promote it a bit more. Would this be of any interest to any of you?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Hi all, I am setting an eMtnBike club up (could be national - but certainly keen for it to grow in Hampshire / New Forest). I have got a web site up and running, and that allows a ride to be organised, and limited number of other riders to sign up for it. I like riding locally in the New Forest etc / Purbeck Hills / Isle of Wight - but am keen to: go to Surrey Hills; get up north and do more knarly rides in the Peaks / Yorkshire / Scotland / Wales. The club is brand new and needs founding members to kick things off. My bike is broken at the moment, but will hopefully be fixed shortly when I will start to promote it a bit more. Would this be of any interest to any of you?

I’m up for it, good idea ?

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire
OK the virgin website (no users other than you guys if you join) is https://gomojo.me/ . I can set people up so that they can post rides, and decide how many riders can join in. I have posted some example rides, but until I get my bike back from the repairers, cannot actually go!

You need to create an account in order to see the rides etc. There are lots of possible improvements that could be made to the site, but it is enough to get started. The next priority is generating some members!

#emtb_club #cycling_club

Foxy

May 27, 2021
Gosport, Hampshire
I'm near you, in Gosport

Hoffman6132

Sep 28, 2020
Hampshire
Maybe I'm missing something here ..but you are posting in the "rideout section" of a forum about another forum where you can organise rideouts ..? ??
Nope...

Well the site is intended to be an eMtn bike club. People who want to organise rides can post the ride, set the limit for how many riders can join in etc, and anybody who is interested can simply register to go. It is a bit more efficient than chatting in a forum - it supports posting maps, google pins of where to meet etc. The idea is that individuals can quickly organise a ride to go on / groups can quickly decide to join in on the ride. The forum part of the site is simply to provide a supporting chat area on the same site.

All I want is to maximise fun on my bike!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles