Riding Dubai, 5200w of power

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

This was fun. A bit different to a regular MTB ride, on a beach in Dubai, but fun nonetheless! I was in Dubai and wanted to get a ride in. In the 40 degree heat I knew that I needed some electric power to stop me passing out.

The guys at Ebikes UAE sorted out a selection of bikes to ride. If you're ever in the area give them a shout!

Cheers,
Rob.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 21.48.28.png

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Being a motorbiker these thing scare the sh!t out of me in terms of using MTB componentry at those speeds. Are the tyres/brakes/chain even rated/capable etc etc. I am not a hater of them, and ambivalent to them, but the thought of that much power going though a bicycle chain/drivetrain is scary given what my normal EMTB is capable of doing to those components!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What the hell were you doing in Dubai, are you jetsetting on our Patreon contributions? :ROFLMAO:

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
Being a motorbiker these thing scare the sh!t out of me in terms of using MTB componentry at those speeds. Are the tyres/brakes/chain even rated/capable etc etc. I am not a hater of them, and ambivalent to them, but the thought of that much power going though a bicycle chain/drivetrain is scary given what my normal EMTB is capable of doing to those components!
There hub drive so the chain and pedal system only see human power, the brake calipers and rotors are far bigger then that on a pedal assist style ebike. Friend of mine has one very similar to the B52, i actually didn’t care for it at all. Felt more like a motorcycle that was way under powered. The Alta motorcycle was way more impressive.
I find the 50lb and under assist to be the only thing that feels like a mountain bike and keeps the playfulness of a mtb.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles