Riding around and writing from Newbury, Berkshire.

Oliver Randle

Nov 14, 2019
Newbury, Berkshire
IMG_0456.jpg

I took this shortly after acquiring my Canyon Spectral: ON 9 and clearly still in the phase of mythologising my proud acquisition with a post-apocalyptic look courtesy of some photo-editing.

Sharp eyed Star Wars fans (and locals) might notice that it is on the set of location for the above ground Resistance base on the fictional planet D'Qar! Otherwise known as Greenham Common, formerly a USAF air base in the cold war era. I do most of my riding here, as it's a five minute ride away from my front door.

Any other Newbury riders out there?

Last edited:

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
View attachment 21710
I took this shortly after acquiring my Canyon Spectral: ON 9 and clearly still in the phase of mythologising my proud acquisition with a post-apocalyptic look courtesy of some photo-editing.

Sharp eyed Star Wars fans (and locals) might notice that it is on the set of location for the above ground Resistance base on the fictional planet D'Qar! Otherwise known as Greenham Common, formerly a USAF air base in the cold war era. I do most of my riding here, as it's a five minute ride away from my front door.

View attachment 21710

Funny enough I rode past there yesterday. I wondered if a look around there might be interesting. I would really like to have a look at the control tower. Didn't know about the Star Wars stuff , interesting. I was taking my bike to Specialized in Newbury for its first service. I rode there from Reading.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles