Rideout Sun 9th Aug Vicar Water and Sherwood Pines

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Well that went well, we made it up as we went along. The other three guys all seemed to enjoy it. Rode four sections in the opposite direction to usual. You can always tell when the trail was designed to be run the other way, the bends just don't seem right and trees are too close to the corners. Those two new Blue sections were made from the Red that used to run the other way, and you can tell. Great additions to the Blue though.

I used up my frame battery (378Whr) in 15 miles; good job I brought the TEC pack for the other 6 miles.

I went down hard on an uphill bend when a stick rolled under my front wheel. I don't know what I hit my shin on but despite the knee & shin guard I lost skin and I'm sure I'll have a big bruise tomorrow. I even got a bruise on the sole of my foot!

Very little mud, but where it existed it was very sloppy and went everywhere.

I took the group to the big descent down to the old railway track bed, just for a look in case anyone fancied having a go. This is a particularly nasty descent and it's getting worse as time passes. I've done it half a dozen times or so, but it really is getting much worse. Previously, @Ontherail and I both whimped out when it was so dry the bikes started to slide out sideways and that was before the steep bit. We backed off whilst we still could. This time, @Ontherail did it but he was the only one of the four of us to do even attempt it. He didn't make it look easy though! The other three took a less intimidating descent only a few hundred yards away. We blamed our aching legs, our bike not being 100% and "not feeling it today", the usual lame excuses.... :giggle: Next time..... Oh yes! o_O

Overall a dry day, the area was packed with the public enjoying their last Bank Holiday weekend before Xmas, and the sun shone! Long queues at the bike hire place and the cafe, car parks packed, and with queues to get out! I have never seen as many people on the regular bike trails before, good job we stayed off most of them.

Thanks guys for your excellent company!! @Ontherail rail, @myapes , @j_s

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Cheers guys, enjoyed it. Let me know about Calverton if you decide to go.

As Steve said, ridiculous numbers of people there and a few walking groups wondering on to the red trail as well as a dog walker. They are going to get hurt or hurt a rider if they kept doing that! Spotted a few fair without helmets today too!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles