RideDash Evo + Reign E+ 2022

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Hi,

does anyone connected an RideDash Evo to the 2022 Reign?
Got mine today but could not figure out how to connect.

There are to cables comming from the intube controller ( the one with the 5 battery status LED´s )
One goes to the motor and the other one has an Y connector where the handlebar controller is connected.
The free end of the y connecter is marked with an "R" .
RideDash Evo does not work in line with the handlebar controller nor on the open "R" marked plug.
The display stays dark. Do i have to go in line with the cable to the motor?

Kolskis

Jul 4, 2021
Poland, Jelenia
Hi i have done it in MY Trance E+ MY 2021; You must Use RideDash Evo like a grommet connected to Y connector. Are You sure thar EVO i compatible with new motor? Is a old lineup product. Give me a photo (cables ), please;

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Hi i have done it in MY Trance E+ MY 2021; You must Use RideDash Evo like a grommet connected to Y connector. Are You sure thar EVO i compatible with new motor? Is a old lineup product. Give me a photo (cables ), please;
Will send photos when iam back home.
It says SG compatible .......

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Ok got pictures from the store where i bought the Bike and the Display. It goes in line with the cable that goes down to the Motor. Works!

Kolskis

Jul 4, 2021
Poland, Jelenia
I got another question. This new motor Is a noisy motor? Because I start to shame to ride with friends. My bike (trance x e+ pro2) is making a huge noise. I Don't remember from start, but right now starts to disturb me and my group. I use eco mode and high cadence. Even like I turn off motor this sound is barely hearing.
My friend got yamaha motor in 6yo hibike and is not that noisy.... is barely 👂.

Last edited:

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
I got another question. This new motor Is a noisy motor? Because I start to shame to ride with friends. My bike is making a huge noise. I Don't remember from start, but right now starts to disturb me and my group. I use eco mode and high cadence. Even like I turn off motor this sound is barely hearing.
Compared to an Brose it is noisy. It is a wining noise not load related .

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
I got another question. This new motor Is a noisy motor? Because I start to shame to ride with friends. My bike is making a huge noise. I Don't remember from start, but right now starts to disturb me and my group. I use eco mode and high cadence. Even like I turn off motor this sound is barely hearing.
Sounds (pun intended) like an RMA case.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hi, look here, I hope it will be useful to you:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles