RideDash Evo + Reign E+ 2022

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Ride
Giant Reign E+ 0
Hi,

does anyone connected an RideDash Evo to the 2022 Reign?
Got mine today but could not figure out how to connect.

There are to cables comming from the intube controller ( the one with the 5 battery status LED´s )
One goes to the motor and the other one has an Y connector where the handlebar controller is connected.
The free end of the y connecter is marked with an "R" .
RideDash Evo does not work in line with the handlebar controller nor on the open "R" marked plug.
The display stays dark. Do i have to go in line with the cable to the motor?

Kolskis

Jul 4, 2021
Poland, Jelenia
Ride
Giant TranceX+2021
Hi i have done it in MY Trance E+ MY 2021; You must Use RideDash Evo like a grommet connected to Y connector. Are You sure thar EVO i compatible with new motor? Is a old lineup product. Give me a photo (cables ), please;

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Ride
Giant Reign E+ 0
Hi i have done it in MY Trance E+ MY 2021; You must Use RideDash Evo like a grommet connected to Y connector. Are You sure thar EVO i compatible with new motor? Is a old lineup product. Give me a photo (cables ), please;
Will send photos when iam back home.
It says SG compatible .......

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Ride
Giant Reign E+ 0
Ok got pictures from the store where i bought the Bike and the Display. It goes in line with the cable that goes down to the Motor. Works!

Reactions: Kolskis

Kolskis

Jul 4, 2021
Poland, Jelenia
Ride
Giant TranceX+2021
I got another question. This new motor Is a noisy motor? Because I start to shame to ride with friends. My bike (trance x e+ pro2) is making a huge noise. I Don't remember from start, but right now starts to disturb me and my group. I use eco mode and high cadence. Even like I turn off motor this sound is barely hearing.
My friend got yamaha motor in 6yo hibike and is not that noisy.... is barely 👂.

Last edited:

Dominic1212

Oct 31, 2021
Germany
Ride
Giant Reign E+ 0
I got another question. This new motor Is a noisy motor? Because I start to shame to ride with friends. My bike is making a huge noise. I Don't remember from start, but right now starts to disturb me and my group. I use eco mode and high cadence. Even like I turn off motor this sound is barely hearing.
Compared to an Brose it is noisy. It is a wining noise not load related .

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Ride
Nothing yet
I got another question. This new motor Is a noisy motor? Because I start to shame to ride with friends. My bike is making a huge noise. I Don't remember from start, but right now starts to disturb me and my group. I use eco mode and high cadence. Even like I turn off motor this sound is barely hearing.
Sounds (pun intended) like an RMA case.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Ride
E+0
Hi, look here, I hope it will be useful to you: