Ridecontrol upload failing (again)

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
My last 5 rides won’t upload (since 14th Aug). Is anyone else seeing this? I kept mine on Android version 1.4.3 after I had the “can’t update firmware” and “can’t connect if firmware not updated”. Is anyone else seeing this at the moment?

Also, have any 2019 Trance owners gone to v1.4.5 and if so does it work ok?
Thx :)

TheLob

May 23, 2020
Northern Ireland
I’m having the same problem, 2019 Fathom E+3. Very frustrating!!!
Still able to record my Rides using the free version of “Relive” app.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
My last 5 rides won’t upload (since 14th Aug). Is anyone else seeing this? I kept mine on Android version 1.4.3 after I had the “can’t update firmware” and “can’t connect if firmware not updated”. Is anyone else seeing this at the moment?

Had my Trance 2019 SX E+ 0 Pro updated at LBS a few weeks ago, and since then it fails to upload rides, and most of the data fields such as cadence and height gained show zero readings anyway, and the distance reading is now way out.

Given up on it now and waiting for the alleged new app.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Thanks for all the info, I guess there's no point in updating the app. No point in using it anymore at all I guess. It's a real shame, I liked geeking out on the figures :(

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Besides tweaking the power settings/firmware, what does the app give you over the myriad other established apps like Strava/MapMyRide etc?

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I was interested in the leg power and cadence. It was interesting to see the upward trend over time as I got fitter.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
I was interested in the leg power and cadence. It was interesting to see the upward trend over time as I got fitter.

Fair enough.

I've found the app to be fairly pants on iOS, so I just don't use it besides firmware updates. I think we're all hanging out for the promised rebuilt, all-new version.

CraigR

Aug 10, 2020
Livermore, Ca
Had my Trance 2019 SX E+ 0 Pro updated at LBS a few weeks ago, and since then it fails to upload rides, and most of the data fields such as cadence and height gained show zero readings anyway, and the distance reading is now way out.

Given up on it now and waiting for the alleged new app.

I have a brand new 2021 Stance E+ 1 and the app does the same thing. The only thing that works in it is the battery charge level. Most of the other fields are just zero or just count up by 1 every second even when not moving. Also can't even get into the tuning section, it is grayed out.

TheLob

May 23, 2020
Northern Ireland
977876F1-9CE5-4550-AF71-6C57B5401343.jpeg

Elwood

Aug 22, 2020
Auckland

Around 9Aug I had two rides that wouldnt upload with a "error Unknown".
Today I did fully uninstall reinstall on 2 Android "error Unknown" and 1 Apple "No network connection". This is when trying to register , login or password reset.
Clearly there is an issue with the site the app register to.
My LBS also reported being unable use app on their store bikes and will followup with Giant NZ.
I have also emailed Giant NZ today and will followup on Monday.

Giant Revolt E+ Pro

Jul 15, 2020
Idaho

Giant Revolt E+ Pro

Jul 15, 2020
Idaho

The Spanish website “www.ebike24.es” had a posted dated 11 June 2020 that stated Giant will roll out a new and different app in September. Not holding my breath but that may explain why Giant is not fixing the current malfunctions and crashes. That said, you would think they would say something ( anything) to their users. Post is titled RideControl App: Giant reacts to user discontent and promises a new app

Elwood

Aug 22, 2020
Auckland
I received the following reply from GIANT NZ that too confirms a new App being released in Sept.

Hi Andrew

We’re sorry to hear of your difficulties with the ridecontrol app, unfortunately we are already aware of the issue and have the app developers looking into it. There is some good news with a completely new app due for release in the coming weeks that has much improved functionality.

We appreciate your patience and we trust that you are still able to enjoy riding your bike in the meantime.

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
New app is good news. If my bike wasn’t so fantastic to ride I would have been very disappointed with the things that have gone wrong with it- the hub replaced, the ridecontrol replaced, the dropperpost fixed, the coilshock rebuilt , loose disc, loose axel, 2 snapped chains, occasional red light and now even the app has failed! . Giant and local bike shop have been awesome though.

Elwood

Aug 22, 2020
Auckland
I can successfully log again. My profile details are correct but my ride history is blank. I'll check the connection to my ebike.

Elwood

Aug 22, 2020
Auckland
I can successfully log again. My profile details are correct but my ride history is blank. I'll check the connection to my ebike.
It is Connecting to my ebike but the mandatory Firmware upgrade fails repeatedly which still makes App unusable.

Claxxon

Aug 19, 2020
Scotland
Works for me too but the distances recorded against my rides is wildly out. Recorded 40 miles against a ride I knew was 30ish and 30 odds against a ride I knew was about 20.

Doug e+

Aug 22, 2020
Ayrshire
Yip got to agree about mileage. Was out this morning and garmin recorded 33.3 miles but Giant app recorded 14.9 miles but shows the full route and time but cadence power average speed are all incorrect.

2894533A-14F4-4C0F-9167-B62E0F429FF1.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles