Ridecontrol Plus Ant+

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
New on the market the ride control Plus Ant+ Bike display in combination with the ridecontrol One.

Would this work on a 2019 model?

Giant RIDECONTROL PLUS ANT+ E-bike Display - Ultimate Nordic AS

I have looked at the site in the link, and have decided that this display connects to the RideOne controller via Ant+ only, not bluetooth.

The 2019 RideOne controller ONLY operates on Bluetooth, so it will not be able to connect to the new display!

The new 2020 RideOne controller operates on Bluetooth AND Ant+, therefore it will connect to the new display.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
New on the market the ride control Plus Ant+ Bike display in combination with the ridecontrol One.

Would this work on a 2019 model?

Giant RIDECONTROL PLUS ANT+ E-bike Display - Ultimate Nordic AS

UPDATE:

Yesterday I went to my LBS and asked them about this.

He phoned Giant UK and was told that the new display was just a prototype, and as they are having lots of problems with it, they didn't know yet whether it would ever be available to buy!

He did not know where the Norwegian website had got his information from, as no such information had been sent to dealers.

He said that the Ant+ was just provided for future-proofing, and there were no devices that would work with it for the forseeable future.

The display was not compatable with the 2019 bikes.

He added that the older Evo display was compatable with 2019 bikes, but you had to buy the unit, a new switch unit and 2 brackets; total cost about £250.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles